[JPL] RIP Oscar Treadwell

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sun Apr 2 21:53:13 EDT 2006

Very sad news for the jazz radio community. Oscar had recently, August 2005,
gone back on the air at WVXU in Cincinnati. All of his programs are archived
on the website below. So long, Oska T.

Radio Personality, Jazz Historian Oscar Treadwell Dead At 79

I regret to announce that my uncle, Arthur K. Pedersen, A.K.A. OSCAR
TREADWELL, passed away today, April 1, 2006. He fell ill on Thursday, and
was hospitalized until he passed today. His four children were by his side.

According to his wishes, his remains will be donated to scientific study. I
am unaware of any planned memorial services at this time.

Paul Evans Pedersen, Jr.
Hammonton, NJ
COOKBEAUX at aol.com

Visit website: