[JPL] Special Big Band Program

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Mon Apr 3 10:41:52 EDT 2006

MJC-170 will be a 2 hour program devoted to the big band. hour #1 will sample new bands (2002 and newer releases) and hour 2 will focus on not so new (the chronological  inconsiderate may refer to them as "old") bands.
Included in the program are Charley Harrison, the L.A. Jazz Orchestra, Chris Walden and others.
The not so new bands will include Duke Ellington, Duke Pearson, Count Basie, Maynard, Kenton and others.
There will be a minimum of blather from the host and the focus will be on the music. The listener can compare the 2 hours and draw their own conclusions.

Stations other than our signed affiliates may download the program on a one time basis by contacting me at this e-mail OFF LIST and I'll phone you with the procedure for downloading.

Regards
,
Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island