[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Mon Apr 3 11:01:25 EDT 2006

Each week, Modern Jazz Classics is heard an aggregate 42 hours via our AM, FM, Internet, Podcast and Wi-Fi affiliates, reaching a listening audience potential of more than 1.75 million.

MJC is a no cost to station commercial free program available by download or disk to qualified outlets.

MJC 170: Big Bands. Some new, some not so new.

Theme and program intro - Anita O'Day - On Green Dolphin Street

Hour 1: New Bands
Phil Woods And The L.A. Jazz Orchestra / The Great Lie / Unheard Herd / Jazzed Media
Phil Woods Monologue / The Unheard Herd / Jazzed Media
Phil Kelly And The NW Prevailing Winds / Waltz For Kathy / Convergence Zone / Origin
Charley Harrison (Freda Lee) /  More Love / Keeping My Composure / C3 Records
Don Menza Big Band / Gravy (a.k.a. Walkin') / Menza Lines / Jazzed Media
Chris Walden / Here's That Rainy Day / Home Of My Heart / Origin
Sherrie Maricle And Diva / The Red Door / TNT, A Tommy Newsome Tribute / Lightyear
Alex Budman C.J.O. / Sidewave / Instruments Of Mass Pleasure / OA2 Records
John LaBarbera Big Band / Kyrie / Fantazm / Jazz Compass

Top of hour one sweep - Marty Paich Big Band - Love For Sale

Hour 2: Not So New Bands
Duke Pearson / Make It Good / Introducing Duke Pearson's Big Band / Blue Note / 1967
Shorty Rogers / Saturnian Sleigh Ride / Portrait Of Shorty / RCA / 1957
Buddy Rich / Preach And Teach / Mercy, Mercy / Capitol / 1968
Maynard Ferguson Orchestra / Let's Try / The Complete Roulette Recordings Of The Maynard Ferguson Orchestra / Mosaic / 1962
Bill Berry's L.A. Big Band / Cottontail / Hello Rev / Concord Jazz / 1976
Stan Kenton / Stairway To The Stars / Stan Kenton:The Complete Capitol Recordings Of The Holman And Russo Charts / Mosaic / 1961
Count Basie And His Orchestra / Flirt / The Best Of Count Basie / Pablo / 1980
Louis Bellson And Explosion / Don't Get Around Much Anymore / Note Smoking / Voss / 1978
Duke Ellington / Blues To Be There / At Newport / Columbia / 1956

Top of hour 2 and sign off - Les Spann - Stockholm Sweetnin'

Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

(904) 910-3475
(877) 856-3889 fax