[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Friday Afternoon Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Mon Apr 3 17:03:49 EDT 2006

                                                                 WNMC
90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan

                                  Servin' up a
Steamin' Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals
for a Five County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                          38
Years of Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

                                                 ¤¤¤¤

                                                                                     FRIDAY
AFTERNOON JAZZ

Biz (<mrbiz at torchlake.com>) or
(<TBisard at nmc.edu>) hosting March 31st, 2006 from
2-5 PM in the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall
on the campus of Northwestern Michigan College

                                                       [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]
                                         ¤ = new in rotation

                                                 2 PM

         COUNT BASIE       *        title
track       *       "Corner Pocket"       *       (Laser Light)
         MARIA SCHNEIDER
ORCHESTRA       *       Last
Season       *       "Days of Wine and Roses"       *       (ArtistShare)
         MARIA SCHNEIDER
ORCHESTRA       *       Começar de
Novo       *       "Days of Wine and Roses"       *
(artistShare)
          ¤ - MONTY ALEXANDER       *       Chant
Down Babylon       *       "Concrete Jungle: The
Music of Bob Marley"
*       (Telarc/CMG)
                                                 BREAK
          ¤ - VOICE TREK       *       The
William Tell Overture       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *        (<www.voicetreksings.com> )
          ¤ - VOICE TREK       *       A Little
Luck       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *       ( <www.voicetreksings.com> )
          ¤ - BILL HENDERSON       *       That
Old Black Magic       *       "Live at the Kennedy Center"       *
( <www.webonlyjazz.com> )
                                                 BREAK
         PHIL OCHS       *       Days of
Decision       *       "I Ain't Marching
Anymore"       *       (Carthage/A&M - vinyl)
         PHIL OCHS       *       title
track       *       "A Toast to Those Who Are Gone"       *       (Rhino/WMG)
          ¤ - THE N'AWLINS GUMBO
KINGS       *       "UFO Saloon"       *       ( <www.gumbokings.com> )
         JOHN MAYER TRIO       *       Another
Kind of Green       *       "Try!"       *       (Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)

                                                 3 PM

concert promo: RAY BONNEVILLE       *       Tip
Toe Spider       *       "Roll It Down"       *       (Red House)
concert promo: TRINA
HAMLIN       *       Jacaranda       *
"Living on Love"       *       (self-produced)
         SUSAN
TEDESCHI       *       Evidence       *
"Hope and Desire"       *       (Verve Forecast/UMG)
concert promo: RAY BONNEVILLE       *       title
track       *       "Gust of Wind"       *       (Stony Plain)
                                                 BREAK
         LADYSMITH BLACK
MAMBAZO       *       Mbube       *       "Long
Walk to Freedom"       *      (Heads Up/CMG)
¤ - request: VOICE TREK       *       Take
Five       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *       ( <www.voicetreksings.com> )
request: JOHN MAYER TRIO       *       I got a
Woman       *       "Try!"       *       (Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)
          ¤ - JOEY DEFRANCESCO       *       Down
the Hatch       *       "Organic Vibes"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
         DAVE FRISHBERG       *       Gotta get
Me Some ZZZ       *       "Retromania: At the Jazz Bakery"       *
(Arbors Jazz)
                                                 pause
          ¤ - PHIL WOODS       *       Yardbird
Suite       *       "Unheard Herd"       *       ( <www.jazzedmedia.com> )
         ELVIS COSTELLO       *       Watching
the Detectives       *       "My Flame Burns
Blue"       *       (Deutche Grammophon)

                                                 4 PM

         THE NUCLEAR WHALES SAXOPHONE
ORCHESTRA       *       The Real Wooly Bully       *       "Isotopia"
( <www.nuclearwhales.com> )
         THE DEREK TRUCKS
BAND       *       Volunteered
Slavery       *       "Song Lines"       *       (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
request: JOHN MAYER TRIO       *       Out of My
Mind       *       "Try!"      *       (Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)
         CHARLIE HUNTER TRIO       *       Think
of One       *       "Copperopolis"       *       (Ropeadope)
                                                 BREAK
         BREAKESTRA       *       Sister
Sanctified       *       "The Live Mix Part 2"       *       (Stones Throw)
         CHRIS STEWART       *       Jive
Samba       *       "Phoenix"       *       ( <www.docstewart.com> )
          ¤ - LAWRENCE LEBO       *       Blue
Line Blues       *       "Don't Call Her Larry
volume 2"       *       (On the Air)
concert promo: JEFF HAAS       *       Well You
Needn't       *      "Jazz at Sunset"      *      ( <www.chateauchantal.com> )
                                                 BREAK
         JACO PASTORIUS BIG
BAND       *       Beaver
Patrol       *       "The Word is Out!"       *       (Heads Up/CMG)
         ELVIS COSTELLO       *       That's How
You got Killed Before       *       "My Flame Burns Blue"       *
(Deutche Grammophon)
         LAFAYETTE
GILCHRIST       *       Unsolved,
Unresolved       *       "Towards the Shining Path"       *
(Shantytone/Hyena)
         JOHN "PAPA" GROS       *       Last Good
Taste       *       "Day's End"       *       (Funky Krewe)

                                                    Most
of the music we play is available through
link on our website to CD Universe or from CD Baby

Weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds available at
CMJ. We also report to 'Living Blues' top 25. I
apologize for any  s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s  in keeping up
with adds &/or tracking information. They're
shared tasks and always works in progress. We're
still working on setting up an historic jazz
rotation to help us feature the many reissues that are flooding in.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT week, all!
     Biz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

                                         ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                    Eric Hines,
general manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Thomas M "Biz" Bisard,
jazz  director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
               Jen Medlin-Lloyd, avant-garde
jazz/alt-country director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                               Linnaea Melcarek,
world/international  director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>
                             Leroy Alvarez, blues
director: <lalvarez at message.nmc.edu>
                                                 Bob
Brown, folk/roots director: <folkbob60 at yahoo.com>

           Office: (231) 995-2562     *     Music
Directors: (231) 995-1091     *     Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                   Product, Promotions, etc
to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines or any of our directors
                                          1701 E Front St
                                          Traverse City MI 49686