[JPL] Playlist from WCLV for 4/2

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Apr 3 17:19:41 EDT 2006

Here's what aired this past weekend on Jazz All Night from WCLV in
Cleveland:

(Spring Forward week - lose an hour)

Performer                      Music                       Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid

Rahsaan Roland Kirk    Serenade to a Cuckoo

Dave Mullen               Like Rahsaan             Mahoney's Way
Roberts Music Complete Mercury     Mercury

Woody Shaw           Rahsaan's Run             Live Vol. 2
High Note

Rahsaan Roland Kirk     A Stritch in Time        Complete Mercury
Mercury

Andrew Hill                    Time Lines                (same)
Blue Note

Sonny Rollins           Blue 7                    Saxophone Colossus
Prestige

1:00AM (EST)

Anthony Wilson           You're the Top              Savivity
Groove Note

Gerald Wilson                     AEN                      In My Time
Mack Avenue

Herbie Hancock            The Sorcerer               The Essential.
Columbia

Wayne Shorter              Speak No Evil                Footprints
Columbia

Pat Martino                     Full House                   Remember
Blue Note

Gene Bertoncini         Lush Life/Isfahan            Quiet Now
Ambient

3:00AM (EDT)

SFJazz Collective                   Africa                      2
Nonesuch

John Coltrane        Big Paul        Kenny Burrell and John Coltrane
Prestige

Jimmy Cobb                   Composition 101               Honors
Marsalis Music

Edsel Gomez                      Juan Tizol              Cubist Music
Zoho

Sathima Bea Benjamin     Caravan                  Musical Echoes
Ekapa

The Quintet                    Perdido                           OJC Sampler
Debut/OJC

4:00AM

Larry Goldings                Cocoon                    Quartet
Palmetto

Miles Davis        What I Say (12/17-2)       Cellar Door
Columbia

Chick Corea               Three Ghouls       The Ultimate Adventure
Stretch

Dom Minasi           The Dark Side        The Vampire's Revenge          CDM

Rabih Abou-Khalil              I'm Better Off Without You

                                           Journey to the Centre of an Egg
Justin Time/enja

5:00AM

Rez Abasi           Kismet                         Snake Charmer
Earth Sounds

Don Ellis          Blues for Hari                  Pieces of Eight
Wounded Bird

Tom Scott           Back Burner                 Bebop United
MCG

Rale Micic       Through the Night           Serbia
CTA

Donny McCaslin            Soar                      (same)
Sunnyside

David Newman           Ruby           I Remember Brother Ray           High
Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV