[JPL] Elevating the Instrumental Artist

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 21:16:13 EDT 2006

Thank you Nancy. I knew someone could catch me up on that one.

I've been in crowds of 100,000 listening to jazz at the Chicago Jazz
Festival. But that was some time ago (and it's free). Did you see what
Pat Metheny did at Montreal last summer? I recall talking to Milt
Jackson who said the MJQ on the same bill with Ella played to 70,000
at Tanglewood, I think it was.

As far as indoor concert halls -- Sonny Rollins at Hill Auditorium
this past fall was the largest jazz crowd I've been in for some time.