[JPL] Jackie McLean

Dick LaPalm dlpjazz at thegrid.net
Wed Apr 5 14:02:36 EDT 2006

Dear Ed and Tad,

I was deeply touched by the wonderful tribute bestowed upon my dear friend,
Jackie McLean, in the current issue of JazzWeek.  As an enormous fan, I
think
the five albums you selected to display are truly excellent.  Please
allow me to
mention two more absolute classics.  First, "New Soil" from 1959 with
Donald
Byrd, Walter Davis, Paul Chambers, etc.  Second, the endlessly inventive
"Live
at Montmartre" from 1972 with Kenny Drew, etc.  Surely, both albums are
significant enough to be labelled historic.

Grazie molto e riguardi caldi,

Dick LaPalm