[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Friday Afternoon Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Wed Apr 5 14:17:10 EDT 2006

Dear Ed:

Lawrence Lebo asked me to resend my weekly show
from last Friday as her contribution in the 4 PM
hour was inadvertently left off. I'm complying with her request.

Thanks,
Biz

                                                                 WNMC
90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan

                                  Servin' up a
Steamin' Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals
for a Five County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                          38
Years of Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

                                                 ¤¤¤¤

                                                                                     FRIDAY
AFTERNOON JAZZ

Biz (<mrbiz at torchlake.com>) or
(<TBisard at nmc.edu>) hosting March 31st, 2006 from
2-5 PM in the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall
on the campus of Northwestern Michigan College

                                                       [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]
                                         ¤ = new in rotation

                                                 2 PM

         COUNT BASIE       *        title
track       *       "Corner Pocket"       *       (Laser Light)
         MARIA SCHNEIDER
ORCHESTRA       *       Last
Season       *       "Days of Wine and Roses"       *       (ArtistShare)
         MARIA SCHNEIDER
ORCHESTRA       *       Começar de
Novo       *       "Days of Wine and Roses"       *
(ArtistShare)
          ¤ - MONTY ALEXANDER       *       Chant
Down Babylon       *       "Concrete Jungle: The
Music of Bob Marley"
*       (Telarc/CMG)
                                                 BREAK
          ¤ - VOICE TREK       *       The
William Tell Overture       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *        (<www.voicetreksings.com> )
          ¤ - VOICE TREK       *       A Little
Luck       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *       ( <www.voicetreksings.com> )
          ¤ - BILL HENDERSON       *       That
Old Black Magic       *       "Live at the Kennedy Center"       *
( <www.webonlyjazz.com> )
                                                 BREAK
         PHIL OCHS       *       Days of
Decision       *       "I Ain't Marching
Anymore"       *       (Carthage/A&M - vinyl)
         PHIL OCHS       *       title
track       *       "A Toast to Those Who Are Gone"       *       (Rhino/WMG)
          ¤ - THE N'AWLINS GUMBO
KINGS       *       "UFO Saloon"       *       ( <www.gumbokings.com> )
         JOHN MAYER TRIO       *       Another
Kind of Green       *       "Try!"       *       (Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)

                                                 3 PM

concert promo: RAY BONNEVILLE       *       Tip
Toe Spider       *       "Roll It Down"       *       (Red House)
concert promo: TRINA
HAMLIN       *       Jacaranda       *
"Living on Love"       *       (self-produced)
         SUSAN
TEDESCHI       *       Evidence       *
"Hope and Desire"       *       (Verve Forecast/UMG)
concert promo: RAY BONNEVILLE       *       title
track       *       "Gust of Wind"       *       (Stony Plain)
                                                 BREAK
         LADYSMITH BLACK
MAMBAZO       *       Mbube       *       "Long
Walk to Freedom"       *      (Heads Up/CMG)
¤ - request: VOICE TREK       *       Take
Five       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *       ( <www.voicetreksings.com> )
request: JOHN MAYER TRIO       *       I got a
Woman       *       "Try!"       *       (Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)
          ¤ - JOEY DEFRANCESCO       *       Down
the Hatch       *       "Organic Vibes"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
         DAVE FRISHBERG       *       Gotta get
Me Some ZZZ       *       "Retromania: At the Jazz Bakery"       *
(Arbors Jazz)
                                                 pause
          ¤ - PHIL WOODS       *       Yardbird
Suite       *       "Unheard Herd"       *       ( <www.jazzedmedia.com> )
         ELVIS COSTELLO       *       Watching
the Detectives       *       "My Flame Burns
Blue"       *       (Deutche Grammophon)

                                                 4 PM

         THE NUCLEAR WHALES SAXOPHONE
ORCHESTRA       *       The Real Wooly Bully       *       "Isotopia"
( <www.nuclearwhales.com> )
         THE DEREK TRUCKS
BAND       *       Volunteered
Slavery       *       "Song Lines"       *       (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
request: JOHN MAYER TRIO       *       Out of My
Mind       *       "Try!"      *       (Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)
         CHARLIE HUNTER TRIO       *       Think
of One       *       "Copperopolis"       *       (Ropeadope)
                                                 BREAK
         BREAKESTRA       *       Sister
Sanctified       *       "The Live Mix Part 2"       *       (Stones Throw)
         CHRIS STEWART       *       Jive
Samba       *       "Phoenix"       *       ( <www.docstewart.com> )
          ¤ - LAWRENCE LEBO       *       Blue
Line Blues       *       "Don't Call Her Larry
volume 2"       *       (On the Air)
concert promo: JEFF HAAS       *       Well You
Needn't       *      "Jazz at Sunset"      *      ( <www.chateauchantal.com> )
                                                 BREAK
         JACO PASTORIUS BIG
BAND       *       Beaver
Patrol       *       "The Word is Out!"       *       (Heads Up/CMG)
         ELVIS COSTELLO       *       That's How
You got Killed Before       *       "My Flame Burns Blue"       *
(Deutche Grammophon)
         LAFAYETTE
GILCHRIST       *       Unsolved,
Unresolved       *       "Towards the Shining Path"       *
(Shantytone/Hyena)
         JOHN "PAPA" GROS       *       Last Good
Taste       *       "Day's End"       *       (Funky Krewe)

                                                    Most
of the music we play is available through
link on our website to CD Universe or from CD Baby