[JPL] Playlist WCVE 4-5

Jane Dashow jazzzdog at nyc.rr.com
Thu Apr 6 12:27:41 EDT 2006

Here you go, girlie

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Peter Solomon
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:20 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: [JPL] Playlist WCVE 4-5

To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

This was our last night of pledge and it was mostly a swing show, so no
new releases on tonight's playlist. Back to the regular stuff tomorrow
night. Our playkists are also posted online at ideastations.org/wcvefm.
Thanks
Peter Solomon, jazz host
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond vA 23235

(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday April 5, 2006

(Basie, Young)Taxi War Dance / (Count Basie) Jump for Me - The Essential
Count Basie Volume 1 - Columbia - CK 40608

(Durham, Smith) One O'Clock Jump /(Durham) Good Morning Blues - Count
Basie: the Complete Decca Recordings - Decca - GRD-3-611

(Original Dixieland Jazz Band) Tiger Rag - Piano Starts Here - Art Tatum
- Columbia/Legacy - CK 64690

(Gershwin, Gershwin, Kahn) Liza / (Waller, Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose - I
Got Rhythm: Art Tatum Volume 3 (1935 - 1944) - Decca Jazz - GRD-630

(Gaillard, Stewart, Green) Flat Foot Floogie - Django Reinhardt Volume 2
- JSP Records - CD 342

(Gershwin) A Foggy Day - Marion McPartland on 52nd Street - Savoy Jazz -
SVY 17069

(McRae, Shaw) Traffic Jam - Frenesi: Artie Shaw Featuring Begin the
Beguine - Bluebird - 07863 61064-2

(Cahn, Chaplin, Lunceford) Rhythm Is Our Business - Stomp It off -
Jimmie Lunceford - Decca Jazz - GRD-608

(Whiting, Donaldson) My Blue Heaven - Rhythm Is Our Business - Jimmie
Lunceford - ASV/Living Era - 5091

(Tito Puente) Titoro - A Gozar - Bobby Montez - Blue Note - 7243 5 39855
2 3

(Rafael Hernandez) Cumbanchero - El Arte del Sabor - Bebo Valdes - Blue
Note - 7243 5 35193 2 2

(A.J. Piron) I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate - Muggsy Spanier:
the Ragtime Band Sessions - RCA/Bluebird - 07863 66550-2

(Bernie, Pinkard, Casey) Sweet Georgia Brown - B.G. and Big Tea in NYC -
Red Nichols and His Five Pennies featuring Jack Teagarden and Benny
Goodman - Decca Jazz - GRD-609

(Jerome, Sxhwartz) Chinatown My Chinatown - Louis Armstrong Volume 7:
You're Driving Me Crazy - Columbia/Legacy - CK 48828

(Brecht, Weill, Blitzstein) Mack the Knife - Louis Armstrong: the Great
Chicago Concert 1956 - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 65119

(Billy Strayhorn) Take the A Train - Duke Ellington: the Blanton/Webster
Band - Bluebird - 5659-2-RB

(Goodman, Mundy, Christian) Air Mail Special (Good Enough to Keep) -
Charlie Christian: the Genius of the Electric Guitar - Columbia/Legacy -
C4K 65564

Doggone, I've Done It - Bunny Berigan: the Key Sessions 1931 - 1937 -
Bunny Berigan with Boswel Sisters - JSP Records - JSP 917

Inflation Blues - Louis Jordan and His Tympani Five Disc D - JSP Records
- 905

(Waller, Raza, Brooks) Ain't Misbehavin' - Fats Waller at the Piano -
Fats Waller - Bluebird - 09026-63926-2

This week's sponsor: Jaco Pastorius  -  The Word Is Out! (Heads Up
International)

Jaco Pastorius  -  The Word Is Out! (Heads Up International)

THE JACO PASTORIUS BIG BAND CONTINUES TO SPREAD THE WORD ON THE LEGACY
OF A BRILLIANT BASSIST, COMPOSER AND ARRANGER

The Word Is Out! features: Jaco Pastorius, Gerald Veasley, Victor
Wooten,
Richard Bona, Jimmy Haslip, Jeff Carswell, Israel ''Cachao'' Lopez, Jr.,

Mark Egan, Oteil Burbridge, Will Lee, Randy Brecker, Arturo Sandoval,
Hiram Bullock, Mike Stern, Ed Calle, Bob Mintzer, Peter Erskine,
Robert Thomas, Jr., Othello Molineaux and Toots Thielmans

''Most musicians that I know absolutely appreciate the contribution Jaco
Pastorius made to music. I feel like every year, his memory gets
stronger. It's up to us to make sure folks don't forget.''

Marcus Miller

Following the success of Word of Mouth Revisited, the critically
acclaimed and award winning 2003 release on Heads Up International, the
Jaco Pastorius Big Band has crafted a second chapter in their ongoing
tribute to the brilliant legacy of the bassist/composer/arranger from
whom they've taken their name. The Word Is Out!

On this second outing, the Jaco Pastorius Big Band again addresses
Jaco's compositional genius, this time with newly expanded arrangements
of pieces that harken back to 1976, that pivotal year in Jaco's career
when he appeared on three near-simultaneous releases - Weather Report's
Black Market, Pat Metheny's Bright Size Life and his own self-titled
debut - that stand today as major landmarks in his fabled career.

Set for international release on Heads Up on March 28, 2006 Radio
Promotion: Neal Sapper nsapper at headsup.com and Mike Hurzon (co-producer
of the project) trackst at bellsouth.net