[JPL] Portrait of Jackie McLean

Steve Schwartz Steve_Schwartz at wgbh.org
Thu Apr 6 13:55:34 EDT 2006

In 1993 Jackie McLean was awarded a "Jazz Achievment Award" by the New England Foundation for the Arts.
Part of that award was to have a half hour radio documentary produced about him. I was luky eough to be chosen to co-produce that program.
The show is all Jackie, in his own voice and words and music talking about his life and career .

This show is now available on demand from the WGBH website

Go to:

www.wgbh.org/jazz

Under the color photo logo is a list of five current on-demand jazz features. You'll find our tribute to Jackie there.

Please spread the word to your friends about it's availability

Enjoy!

Steve Schwartz
Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, 8p-midnight