[JPL] Karrin

Bob Stewart BSTEWAR at kirkwood.edu
Fri Apr 7 09:50:28 EDT 2006

I'm in total agreement, Lenny...I would also toss out kudos to Chris Caswell, who penned some great lyrics to these hard bop gems, and the keen arrangements by Karrin and Bruce Barth.

>>> lenmaz1 at adelphia.net 04/07/06 07:37AM >>>
To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

Karrin Allyson - Footprints - Concord
A masterpiece.
Enough said.

Bright Moments,

Lenny Mazel
KCME-FM

This week's sponsor: Jaco Pastorius  -  The Word Is Out! (Heads Up International)

Jaco Pastorius  -  The Word Is Out! (Heads Up International)

THE JACO PASTORIUS BIG BAND CONTINUES TO SPREAD THE WORD ON THE LEGACY OF A BRILLIANT BASSIST, COMPOSER AND ARRANGER

The Word Is Out! features: Jaco Pastorius, Gerald Veasley, Victor Wooten,
Richard Bona, Jimmy Haslip, Jeff Carswell, Israel ''Cachao'' Lopez, Jr.,
Mark Egan, Oteil Burbridge, Will Lee, Randy Brecker, Arturo Sandoval,
Hiram Bullock, Mike Stern, Ed Calle, Bob Mintzer, Peter Erskine,
Robert Thomas, Jr., Othello Molineaux and Toots Thielmans

''Most musicians that I know absolutely appreciate the contribution Jaco Pastorius made to music. I feel like every year, his memory gets stronger. It's up to us to make sure folks don't forget.''

Marcus Miller

Following the success of Word of Mouth Revisited, the critically acclaimed and award winning 2003 release on Heads Up International, the Jaco Pastorius Big Band has crafted a second chapter in their ongoing tribute to the brilliant legacy of the bassist/composer/arranger from whom they've taken their name. The Word Is Out!

On this second outing, the Jaco Pastorius Big Band again addresses Jaco's compositional genius, this time with newly expanded arrangements of pieces that harken back to 1976, that pivotal year in Jaco's career when he appeared on three near-simultaneous releases - Weather Report's Black Market, Pat Metheny's Bright Size Life and his own self-titled debut - that stand today as major landmarks in his fabled career.

Set for international release on Heads Up on March 28, 2006 Radio Promotion: Neal Sapper nsapper at headsup.com and Mike Hurzon (co-producer of the project) trackst at bellsouth.net