[JPL] FW: Blues is the Blues (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) April 4, 2006

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 8 00:57:43 EDT 2006

8pm
James Blood Ulmer, Last One
Wood Brothers, Spirit (Ways Not To Lose)
Taj Mahal, The Calypsonians (...and the Hula Blues Band)
Cook Calypso Kings, Don't Roll Those Bloodshot Eyes At Me
Johnny and the Motones, Terminal Blues (Two Hits For The Kitty)
Wood Brothers, Where My Baby Might Be (Ways Not To Lose)
Fred McDowell, Fred's Worried Blues (Rough Guide: Bottleneck Blues)
Tail Dragger, Intro/Sitting Here Singing My Blues (My Head Is Bald)
Rory Block, Tired Of Being Alone (I'm Every Woman)

9pm
Magic Slim and the Teardrops, The Man You Need (Snakebite)
Cool John Ferguson, Chunk of Funk (Guitar Heaven)
Omar and the Howlers, Sugar Ditch (World Wide Open)
Carl Weathersby, title cut (Looking Out My Window)
Neal Pattman, Prison Blues
Pinetop Perkins & Hubert Sumlin, Rock Me Baby (Legends)
Joe Louis Walker, Sugar Mama (Down the Dirt Road: The Songs of Charley
Patton)
Precious Bryant, Fever (My Name Is Precious)
Rufus Thomas, Give Me The Green Light (Funkiest Man Alive)
Los Lobos, Come On, Let's Go (Just Another Band from East L.A.)
Los Lonley Boys, I'm the Man To Beat (Live at Blue Cat Blues - Dallas)
Funky Meters, Love Slip Up On Ya' (Fiyo at the Fillmore)
Buckwheat Zydeco, Hot Tamale Baby (Classics)

10pm
Zora Young, Rainy Night in Georgia (Tore Up From The Floor Up)
James Blood Ulmer, Nobody But You/Blues All Night (Blues Preacher)
Otis Taylor, Mandan Woman (Double V)
Harry Manx & Kevin Breit, Take This Hammer (Jubilee)
Karen Dalton, A Little Bit of Rain
Los Lonley Boys, Cottonfields and Crossroads (Live at Blues Cat Blues)
Chris Thomas King, Soon This Morning (It's A Cold Ass World)
Corey Harris, 50 Blues (Fish Ain't Bitin')

11pm
Lonnie Johnson, Sweet Potato (Steppin' on the Blues)
State Street Boys, Sweet To Mama (Folks, He Sure Do Pull Some Bow!: Vintage
Fiddle Music)
The Bubbling Over Five, Don't Mistreat Your Good Boyfriend)
State Street Boys, Rustlin' Man
Jimmie Rodgers w/Louis Armstrong, Blue Yodel No. 9
The Horse Flies, Iko Iko (In the Dance Tent)
Clifford Hayes' Louisville Stompers, Dance Hall Shuffle
James Booker, Slow Down/Bony Maronie/Knock On Wood/Heard It Through the
Grapevine
The Mighty Reapers,  Good Time Charlie/Funky Broadway (...you gotta reap)
Sugar Blue, One More Mile To Go
The Bel Airs, title cut (Got Love)
The Megatons, Shimmy Shimmy Walk, Part 1 (Wrinkles)
Gene the Hat, Ram Bunk-Shush
Kelly Joe Phelps, Goodnight Irene