[JPL] PLAYLIST: The Next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 8 13:29:40 EDT 2006

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also…please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #703…8-9 APRIL 2006
ROBERT GLASPER-riot (canvas)
RENEE OLSTEAD-is you is our is you ain’t my baby (life on earth)
*Christian Scott Interview Segment
CHRISTIAN SCOTT-so what (rewind that)
CHRISTIAN SCOTT-rewind that (rewind that)
FRANCESCO CAFISO-happy time (happy time)
JASPECTS-west end station (in house sessions)
*Erin Boheme Interview Segment
ERIN BOHEME-what love is (what love is)
JACOB FRED JAZZ ODYSSEY-the maestro
(the sameness of difference)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #704…8-9 APRIL 2006
JEREMY PELT-suspicion (identity)
MICHAEL BUBLE-moondance (Michael buble)
*Taylor Eigsti Interview Segment
TAYLOR EIGSTI-get your hopes up (lucky to be me)
GARY BURTON/JULIAN LAGE-walkin’ in music (next generation)
HIROMI-edge (spiral)
JAMIE CULLUM-I get a kick out of you (twentysomething)
*Eldar Interview Segment
ELDAR-watermelon island (eldar)
SEAN JONES-tv land (Gemini)
LOS HOMBRES CALIENTES-chameleon/we want the funk (vol. 2)

SHOW #705-706…15-16 APRIL 2006
WEEK 3 of JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH
“April Jazz Birthdays” featuring HERBIE MANN, HERBIE HANCOCK,
LARRY CORYELL, STEVE KHAN  & other birthday celebrants