[JPL] WBEZ-CHICAGO PLANS TO PHASE OUT MUSIC

Bobby Jackson ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 8 16:38:47 EDT 2006

It is indeed a sad day in Chicago.  As one who has seen jazz program cut
back at WCPN-FM when I just arrived in 1995,  I am reminded of what a
difficult task it has been to keep jazz alive in Cleveland and how many
other stations across our system struggle with the same issue.  It's ironic
that we are learning about it during Jazz Appreciation Month.  I still think
finding new ways to present this music is a way to help it survive.

:(

Bobby Jackson
WCPN-FM/ideastream, inc.
Cleveland, OH