[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Weekly Jazz, AG Jazz, World & Blues Spins

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Apr 8 16:29:59 EDT 2006

WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan «««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

					                  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Jazz, World/International (WB), & Blues (B) Spins<<<<
                                                    for
the week of March 31st - April 6th 2006    Tracking to 2 SPINS

			                      [ARTIST     *     "Album"     *     (Label)]
				                        AG = avant-garde
					  WB = world/international
= Blues

							11 SPINS

	MONTY ALEXANDER       *       "Concrete Jungle:
The Music of Bob Marley"       *       (Telarc/CMG)

							9 SPINS

	PHIL WOODS       *       "Unheard
Herd"       *       ( <www.jazzedmedia.com> )

							8 SPINS

	JOEY DEFRANCESCO       *       "Organic
Vibes"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
       B - JANIVA MAGNESS       *       "Do I
Move You?"       *       (Northern Blues)

							7 SPINS

       B - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "The
Devil is a Busy Man"       *       (Empire Musicwerks)

							6 SPINS

       B - DELTA MOON       *       "self-titled"       *      (self-produced)
       B - DION       *       "Bronx & Blue"       *       (DMR)
	JOHN "PAPA" GROS       *       "Day's End"       *       (Funky Krewe)
	BILL HENDERSON       *       "Live at the
Kennedy Center"       *       ( <www.webonlyjazz.com> )
	VOICE TREK       *       "An Acapella
Trek"       *       ( <www.voicetreksings.com> )

							5 SPINS

       B - BILLY FLYNN       *       "Chicago
Blues Mandolin"       *       (Easy Baby)
	HERBIE HANCOCK       *       "The Essential
Herbie Hancock"       *       (Columbia/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
	KEITH OXMAN       *       "Dues in Progress"       *       (Capri)
	JAE SINNETT       *       "The Sinnett Hearings"       *       (J-Nett)
	THE WOOD BROTHERS       *       "Ways not to
Lose"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
       B - ZORA YOUNG       *       "Tore Up from
the Floor Up"       *       (Delmark)

							4 SPINS

	BRIAN BROMBERG       *       "Wood II"       *       (Artistry Music)
	CYRUS CHESTNUT       *       "Genuine
Chestnut"       *       (Telarc Jazz/CMG)
	ELVIS COSTELLO & THE METROPOLE
ORKEST       *       "My Flame Burns Blue"       *       (Deutche Grammophon)
      B - RICH DELGROSSO       *       "Get Yer
Nose Outta My Bizness"       *       ( <www.mandolinblues.com> )
	LARRY GOLDINGS       *       "Quartet"       *       (Palmetto)
      B - JOHN LONG       *       "Lost & Found"       *       (Delta Groove)
      B - MOJO STU       *       "Real House Blues"       *       (Mudbone)
	PAUL MOTIAN BAND       *       "Garden of Eden"       *       (ECM)
	THE N'AWLINS GUMBO KINGS       *       "UFO
Saloon"       *       ( <www.gumbokings.com> )
      B - PINETOP PERKINS       *       "Live Top"       *       (North 95)
	ODEAN POPE SAXOPHONE CHOIR       *       "Locked
& Loaded"       *       (Half Note)
	CHRIS STEWART       *       "Phoenix"       *       ( <www.docstewart.com> )
   WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "Flamenco
Nuevo"       *       (World Music Network)
   WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "Putumayo
Presents: Brazilian Lounge"       *       (Putumayo)

							3 SPINS

      B - BIG MAYBELLE       *       "The Same
Old Story"       *       (St. Clair)
  WB - BOMBAY DUB
ORCHESTRA       *       "self-titled"       *       (Six Degrees)
      B - THE BOTTOMS UP BLUES
GANG       *       "2nd Set"       *       ( <www.bottomsupblues.com> )
      B - WILLIAM CLARKE       *       "Live in
Germany"       *       (Watch Dog)
	MARK COLBY       *       "Speaking of Stan"       *       (Hallway)
	PERRY CONTICCHIO       "Speak Your Truth"       *       (Liven Up Jazz)
	RED GARLAND TRIO       *       "At the Prelude"       *       (Prestige/CMG)
	RICK HAYDEN & JOHN
PIZZARELLI       *       "Just Friends"       *       (Mel Bay)
	STEVE KHAN       *       "The Green Field"       *       (Tone Center)
      B - CLYDE LANGFORD       *       "Paper
Plate Blues"       *       (Documentary Arts)
      B - LIGHTNIN' HOPKINS       *       "Just
Pickin'"       *       (St. Clair)
	CHARLIE HUNTER TRIO       *       "Copperopolis"       *       (Ropeadope)
	LAWRENCE LEBO       *       "Don't Call Her
Larry, volume 2"       *       (On the Air)
	PAMELA LUSS       *       "There's Something
About You I Don't Know"       *       (Savant)
      B - EDDIE MARTIN       *       "Eddie
Martin Plays the Blues with Feeling"       *       (Blueblood)
	JOHN MAYER
TRIO       *       "Try!"       *
(Aware/Columbia/Sony/BMG)   ¤¤NOTE: This cd was
stolen & received no play after Friday March 31st.....GRRRRR!!¤¤
      B - MISSISSIPPI HEAT       *       "One Eye Open"       *       (Delmark)
	TONY MONACO       *       "East to West"       *       (Chicken Coup)
    AG - WILLIAM PARKER       *       "Long
Hidden: The Olmec"       *       (AUM)
	JACO PASTORIUS BIG BAND       *       "The Word
is Out!"       *       (Heads Up/CMG)
	MARIA SCHNEIDER ORCHESTRA       *       "Days of
Wine and Roses"       *       (ArtistShare)
	CHRISTIAN SCOTT       *       "Rewind That"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	TOM SCOTT feat. PHIL WOODS       *       "Bebop
United"       *       (MCG Jazz)
      B - LITTLE JOHNNY
TAYLOR       *       "Everybody Knows About My Good Thing"       *       (Fuel)
      B - SUSAN TEDESCHI       *       "Hope &
Desire"       *       (Verve/UMG)
	JORIS TEEPE'S GRONINGEN ART
ENSEMBLE       *       "Jazz In Jazz Out"       *       (Planet Arts/Blujazz)
	3ÓSITY       *       "self-titled"       *       (Capri)
    AG - ASSIF TSAHAR       *       "Solitude"       *       (Hopscotch)
      B - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "Best of
Louisiana Music"       *       (Mardi Gras)
      B - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "Blues
Guitar Women"       *       (Ruf)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "Traveler '06"       *       (Six Degrees)
	LARRY WILLIS TRIO       *       "The Big Push"       *       (HighNote)

							2 SPINS

  WB - AMADOU AND MARIAM       *       "best
of....Je Pense a Toi"       *       (Universal Music France)
	CHET BAKER       *       "Plays for Lovers"       *       (Riverside/CMG)
      B - TAB BENOIT       *       "Voice of the Wetlands"       (Ryko/WMG)
      B - DOC BLAKEY       *       "The Blues
Never Hurt So Good"       *       (GAM)
      B - CHARLES BROWN       *       "Trouble Blues"       *       (St. Clair)
      B - EDDIE BURNS       *       "2nd Degree
Burns"       *       (Blue Suit)
	GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO       *       "On the Rebop"       *       (OA2)
	MARTY EHRLICH       *       "News on the Rail"       *       (Palmetto)
  WB - CESARIA EVORA       *       "Rogamar"       *       (Lusafrica/Sony)
	BÉLA FLECK & THE FLECKTONES       *       "The
Hidden Land"       *       (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
	DAVE FRISHBERG       *       "Retromania: At the
Jazz Bakery"       *       (Arbors Jazz)
	STAN GETZ       *       "Plays for Lovers"       *       (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	HAWK - RICHARD JAZZ
ORCHESTRA       *       "Reunion"       *       (Sea Breeze Jazz)
	LENA HORNE       *       "Seasons of a Life"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
	JACOB FRED JAZZ ODYSSEY       *       "The
Sameness of Difference"       *       (Hynea)
	MANU KATCHÉ       *       "Neighbourhood"       *       (ECM)
	ARTHUR KELL
QUARTET       *       "Traveller"       *       (Fresh Sound New Talent)
	BILLY KILLSON'S B. K. GROOVE       *       "Pots
& Pans"       *       (Arintha Star/Navarre)
      B - PAUL LAMB       *       "I'm on a Roll"       *       (United)
      B - MEMPHIS SLIM       *       "Really Got
the Blues"       *       (St. Clair)
   AG - DOM MINASI       *       "The Vampire's
Revenge"       *       (Atavistic)
	MONK'S MUSIC TRIO       *       "Monk's Bones"       *       (CMB)
	IKE QUEBEC       *       "The Complete Blue Note
45 Sessions"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
	ENRICO RAVA       *       "Tati"       *       (ECM)
	GONZALO RUBALCABA       *       "Solo"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
      B- OTIS RUSH       *       "All Your Love I Miss"       *       (Delmark)
	DAVID SCHUMACHER       *       "Endangered Species"       *       (Summit)
      B - EDDIE 'VAAN' SHAW       *       "Give Me Time"       *       (Wolf)
	PHILLIP STRANGE & LARRY
MARSHALL       *       "In the Moment"       *       (Summit)
      B - TAIL DRAGGER       *       "My Head Is Bald"       *       (Delmark)
      B - TEXAS BLUESBOYS       *       "The
Playhouse"       *       (Blue Spot)
      B - JIMMY THACKERY       *       "The
Essential Jimmy Thackery"       *       (Blind Pig)
  WB - GECKO
TURNER       *       "Guapapasea!"       *       (Quango/Love Monk)
      B - NATE TURNER       *       "Hard Times"       *       (Wolf)
      B - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "The Best
of Zydeco"       *       (Mardi Gras)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "Bollywood:
An Anthology of Songs from Popular Indian Cinema"      *      (Silva Screen)
  WB - VARIOUS
ARTISTS       *       "Congotronics 2: Buzz 'n
Rumble from the Urban Jungle"       *       (Ziriguiboom/Crammed Discs)
      B - VARIOUS
ARTISTS       *       "Hallelujah Jubilee"       *       (Documentary Arts)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "The Rough
Guide to the Music of Brazil: Rio de
Janeiro"       *       (World Music Network)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS       *       "The Rough
Guide to Urban Latino"       *       (World Music Network)
  WB - VARIOUS
ARTISTS       *       "Ziriguiboom: The Now Sound
of Brazil 2"       *       (Ziriguiboom/Crammed Discs)
      B - RUBY WILSON       *       "Show You a Good Time"       *      (Unkut)
      B - REVERAND BILLY C.
WIRTZ       *       "Sermon from Bethlehem"       *       (Blind Pig)

	                                           Most
all of the music we play is available through a link
  		                                    on our
website to CD Universe or from CD Baby

                                                                                                                                                                          						            ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Again, tracking is down to 2 SPINS this week. 53
of 100 new or reissued cd's from our current jazz
rotation were played. 3 of 20 new or reissued
discs from our avant-garde jazz rotation were
spun. 12 of 40 world/international cd's received
play. 37 of our 80 disc blues rotation discs were
spun. Our weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds are
available at CMJ. We also report to 'Living
Blues' magazine's top 25. We're working on
reporting our folk/roots music, too. I apologize
for any s - l - o - w - ness in keeping up with
adds &/or tracking information. It's a shared
task that we're always sorting out...a work in progress.

No adds this week. Our jocks needed a chance to
catch up on all the discs in rotation and I'm
feelin' lazy, too. Must be spring fever.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org> ««««

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

					¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Tom "Biz" Bisard,
jazz  director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
		Jen Medlin-Lloyd, AG/out jazz  director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                            Linnaea Melcarek,
world/international  director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>
		    Leroy Alvarez, blues director: <lalvarez at message.nmc.edu>
                                               Bob
Brown, folk/roots director: <folkbob60 at yahoo.com>

            Office: (231)
995-2562     *     Music Directors: (231)
995-1091     *     Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

					¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

               >>>Product, Promotions, etc to:   WNMC 90.7 FM
                                                                                   attn:
Eric Hines, station manager
                                                                                   or
attn: