[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Friday Afternoon Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sun Apr 9 11:29:46 EDT 2006

                                                                 WNMC
90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan

                                  Servin' up a
Steamin' Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals
for a Five County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                          38
Years of Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						                     ¤¤¤¤

                                                                                     FRIDAY
AFTERNOON JAZZ

                             Biz
(<mrbiz at torchlake.com>) or (<TBisard at nmc.edu>)
hosting April 7th, 2005 from 2-5
PM

                                in the
oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the campus
of Northwestern Michigan College
                                                                             (Freddie
Hubbard's 68th birthday)

                                                       [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]

							2 PM

	QUINCY JONES       *       Gula
Matari       *       "I Heard That!"       *       (A& M-vinyl)
	FREDDIE HUBBARD       *       The Intrepid
Fox       *       "Red Clay"       *       (CTI/Epic/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
							BREAK
	HERBIE HANCOCK       *       Maiden
Voyage       *       "The Essential H.
H."       *       (Columbia/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
	GONZALO RUBALCABA       *       Paseo
Azul       *       "Solo"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
	COLIN STRANAHAN       *       Casa
Zimbabwe       *       "Transformation"       *       (Capri)
							BREAK
concert promo: TRINA HAMLIN       *       One
Good Reason       *       "Foundation"       *       (self-produced)
	GECKO TURNER       *       Dime Qué te
Quéa       *       "Guapapasea!"      *       (Quango/Love Monk)
concert promo: RAY
BONNEVILLE       *       Laughing
Heart       *       "Rough Luck"       *       ( 1-800-PRIME CD )
	FREDDIE HUBBARD       *       Calypso
Fred       *       "Sweet Return"       *       (Atlantic/WMG)

							3 PM

	THE DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET       *       Zen Is
When      *       "Jazz Impressions of Japan"      *      (Columbia-vinyl)
	LAFAYETTE GILCHRIST       *       Bubbles on
Mars       *       "Towards  the Shining   Path"         *       (Hyena)
	LEON SAM & THE SAM BROTHERS       *       Two
O'Clock in the Morning       *       "Leon's
Boogie  Is Back"       *                                   (MTE)
	THE N'AWLINS GUMBO
KINGS       *       Margie       *       "UFO
Saloon"       *        ( <www .gumbokings.com> )
							BREAK
	FREDDIE HUBBARD       *       title
track       *       "Straight
Life"       *       (CTI/Epic/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
	SARAH VAUGHAN       *       Tonight I Shall
Sleep (with a Smile on My
Face)       *       "Sings for Lovers"      *      (Pablo/CMG)
							pause

	BETTYE
LAVETTE       *       Joy       *       "I've Got
My Own Hell to
Raise"       *       (Anti)

	LUTHER ALLISON       *       title
track       *       "Love Me
Mama"       *       *       (Delmark)

	ELVIS COSTELLO & THE METROPOLE
ORKEST       *      Almost Ideal
Eyes       *       "My Flame Burns Blue"       *
(Deutche Grammophon)
	RICK DAVIES       *       Cena para
Seis       *       "Siempre
Salsa"       *       (Emlyn
Music)

	                                                                                    4
PM

	PERRY
CONTICCHIO       *       Hyperbole       *
"Speak Your Truth"       *       (Liven Up
Jazz)
	FREDDIE HUBBARD       *       Here's that Rainy
Day       *       "Straight Life"       *       (CTI/Epic/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
							BREAK
	FREDDIE HUBBARD & WOODY SHAW       *       Sao
Paulo       *       "The Freddie Hubbard - Woody Shaw Sessions"
*       (Blue Note/EMI)
	LES YEUX NOIRS       *       Doina si Joc de
Marian       *       "Tchorba"       *       (World Village/Harmonia Mundi)
	HOT-TOE-MITTY       *       Clickity
Clack       *       "Hollow Near the
Spring"       *       ( <www.hottoemitty.com> )
	LARRY MCCRAY       *       Witchin'
Moon       *       "Live on 75"       *       ( <www.larrymccray.com> )
							BREAK
	ART BLAKEY & THE JAZZ
MESSENGERS       *       title
track       *       "Free for All"       *       (Blue Note/EMI)
	THE DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET       *       Koto
Song       *       "Jazz Impressions of Japan"       *       (Columbia-vinyl)
	TOWER OF POWER       *       Soul
Vaccination       *       "self-titled"       *       (Warner Brothers/WMG)

                                                           Most
of the music we play is available through
link on our website to CD Universe or from CD Baby

Weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds available at
CMJ. We also report to 'Living Blues' magazine's
top 25. I apologize for any  s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s  in
keeping up with adds &/or tracking information.
It's a shared task and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT week all!
     Biz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

					              ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                    Eric Hines,
general manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Thomas M "Biz" Bisard,
jazz  director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
	      Jen Medlin-Lloyd, avant-garde
jazz/alt-country director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                               Linnaea Melcarek,
world/international  director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>
		            Leroy Alvarez, blues director: <lalvarez at message.nmc.edu>
                                                 Bob
Brown, folk/roots director: <folkbob60 at yahoo.com>

           Office: (231) 995-2562     *     Music
Directors: (231) 995-1091     *     Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                   Product, Promotions, etc
to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines or any of our directors
				                     1701 E Front St
				                     Traverse City MI 49686