[JPL] Re' Kenny Drew Jr's remarks

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Mon Apr 10 12:56:19 EDT 2006

Thank you Arturo for your on point, sense of clarity regarding this situation.  I started to address this but didn't have the time or energy. Not much has changed, has it?

I understand your frustration Sarah.  I am saddened by the impending loss of jazz in Chicago.  It will be tough to make a trip to Chicago and not hear it on the FM dial.  I remember driving down the Jersey Turnpike headed back home to New York City during the early eighties looking for the then flagship jazz station WRVR/106.7 FM only to find a Country & Western station in its place.  Thank God for New Jersey based WBGO-FM signal in my hometown.

Speaking of jazz in Chicago, has anyone seen the first installment of Legends of Jazz with Ramsey Lewis on television?  I'm interested in your assessments of it's performance, positive and negative of course.

Aloha,

Bobby Jackson