[JPL] RE: Kenny Drew's statements

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 10 15:03:16 EDT 2006

I feel your pain, Sarah, but I'm trying to picture this couple
celebrating their wedding anniversary 50 years from now.  They gaze in
each other's eyes and smile and remember as they listen to their
favorite song -  the Academy Award winning song from 2006, "It's Hard
Out There for A Pimp"

Music (?) and Lyrics by Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul
Beauregard

You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)

When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)

For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)

Will have a whole lot of *itches talkin *hit (you ain't knowin)

(Academy Award show version) Will have a whole lot of witches jumpin
ship!

In my eyes I done seen some crazy thangs in the streets

Gotta couple hos workin on the changes for me

But I gotta keep my game tight like Kobe on game night

Like takin from a ho don't know no better, I know that ain't right

Done seen people killed, done seen people deal

Done seen people live in poverty with no meals

It's *ucked up where I live, but that's just how it is

It might be new to you, but it's been like this for years

It's blood sweat and tears when it come down to this *hit

I'm tryin to get rich 'fore I leave up out this *itch

I'm tryin to have thangs but it's hard fo' a pimp

But I'm prayin and I'm hopin to God I don't slip, yeah

[Chorus]

Man it seems like I'm duckin dodgin bullets everyday

*iggaz hatin on me cause I got, hos on the tray

But I gotta stay paid, gotta stay above water

Couldn't keep up with my hoes, that's when *hit got harder

North Memphis where I'm from, I'm 7th Street bound

Where *iggaz all the time end up lost and never found

Man these girls think we prove thangs, leave a big head

They come hopin every night, they don't end up bein dead

Wait I got a snow bunny, and a black girl too

You pay the right price and they'll both do you

That's the way the game goes, gotta keep it strictly pimpin

Gotta have my hustle tight, makin change off these women, yeah