[JPL] fact-checking a quote

TBG Info info at thebyerlinegroup.com
Mon Apr 10 23:20:40 EDT 2006

Hey gang,

I'm trying to track down the exact quote for one I've heard
paraphrased for a while. According to my source, Whitney Balliett
from the New Yorker is purported to have said something to the effect
of  "There are two kinds of musicians. Those who take themselves
seriously and those who take the music seriously."

Does this ring a bell with any of the jazz/music historians in the
group? Thanks for your help.

Gregory

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
The Byerline Group, LLC
ph 615.498.6296  /  fx 615.250.4887
info at thebyerlinegroup.com
www.thebyerlinegroup.com
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o