[JPL] Stirring the kaka.... Legends of Jazz

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Apr 11 13:38:36 EDT 2006

Lately my late 60's and early 70's experiences have been dominating my
mindset and I have once again taken to attacking the "establishment" of
various industries I am involved with. I can no longer remain on the
sidelines and bite my tongue despite the consequences. Blame the actions of
the gangsters at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for re-igniting my rebellious
passions.

I don't understand the growing trend of "Chet Baker wannabees", trumpet
players/singers trying to be "cool". More disturbing is the push to promote
them. With all the fine young trumpeters on the scene today who are saying
something new, why is CB appearing on the Legends of Jazz? Even if they
wanted a White trumpeter there are better choices than he. Next to the over
abundance of female vocalists, I find this to be my least favorite category
of jazz in the 21st century.

I understand and want to see new artists of jazz being showcased next to the
elder legends, it's those that have been chosen that has me wearing a frown.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89-KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station