[JPL] Chris Botti

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 11 14:27:57 EDT 2006

I saw and visited with CB in the winter.  He put on a very good performance
with Mark Whitfield on Guitar and Bill Kilson on drums.  They all smoked.
CB is really a Miles devotee I think more than a Chet Baker type.  Anyway
he is selling out performances, getting good TV and selling music.  He is
good for us and listeners like to hear him on Public Radio.  ALOHA  Tom

International)

> Jaco Pastorius  -  The Word Is Out! (Heads Up International)
>
> THE JACO PASTORIUS BIG BAND CONTINUES TO SPREAD THE WORD ON THE LEGACY OF
A BRILLIANT BASSIST, COMPOSER AND ARRANGER

> The Word Is Out! features: Jaco Pastorius, Gerald Veasley, Victor Wooten,
> Richard Bona, Jimmy Haslip, Jeff Carswell, Israel ''Cachao'' Lopez, Jr.,
> Mark Egan, Oteil Burbridge, Will Lee, Randy Brecker, Arturo Sandoval,
> Hiram Bullock, Mike Stern, Ed Calle, Bob Mintzer, Peter Erskine,
> Robert Thomas, Jr., Othello Molineaux and Toots Thielmans
>
> ''Most musicians that I know absolutely appreciate the contribution Jaco
Pastorius made to music. I feel like every year, his memory gets stronger.
It's up to us to make sure folks don't forget.''

> Marcus Miller
>
> Following the success of Word of Mouth Revisited, the critically
acclaimed and award winning 2003 release on Heads Up International, the
Jaco Pastorius Big Band has crafted a second chapter in their ongoing
tribute to the brilliant legacy of the bassist/composer/arranger from whom
they've taken their name. The Word Is Out!

> On this second outing, the Jaco Pastorius Big Band again addresses Jaco's
compositional genius, this time with newly expanded arrangements of pieces
that harken back to 1976, that pivotal year in Jaco's career when he
appeared on three near-simultaneous releases - Weather Report's Black
Market, Pat Metheny's Bright Size Life and his own self-titled debut - that
stand today as major landmarks in his fabled career.

Promotion: Neal Sapper nsapper at headsup.com and Mike Hurzon (co-producer of
the project) trackst at bellsouth.net