[JPL] Jazz PlaylistWCVE Tue April 11

Peter Solomon Peter_Solomon at wcve.pbs.org
Tue Apr 11 20:44:59 EDT 2006

Here's my playlist from tonight, also posted online t ideastations.ogr/wcvefm.
Please direct cd's for airplay to the address below. Thanks

Peter Solomon, jazz host
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday April 11, 2006

(Warne Marsh) Marshmallow – Subconcious-Lee – Lee konitz- Prestige/New Jazz – OJCCD-186-2

(John Lewis) Versailles – Fontessa – The Modern Jazz Quartet – Atlantic Jazz – 1231-2

(Clifford Brown) Daahoud – Ray Bryant Trio – Prestige – OJCCD-793-2

(Mal Waldron) Count One – After Hours – Thad Jones / Kenny Burrell / Frank Wess – Prestige – OJCCD-1782-2

(Charlie Parker) Scrapple from the Apple – Gene Ammons Live in Chicago – Prestige – OJCCD-395-2

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Mercer) I Thought about You – Bill Henderson Live at the Kennedy Center – Webonlyjazz.com - 0939500202

(Lester Young) Lester Leaps in – Kindred Spirits – Gary Urwin Jazz Orchestra featuring Pete Christlieb and Bill Watrous - Summit Records – DCD 448

(Dave Douglas) For Suzannah – Rue de Seine – Martial Solal – Dave Douglas – Camjazz – 5013

(John Coltrane) Mr. Knight – Coltrane Plays the Blues – John Coltrane - Atlantic Jazz – 1382-2

(Joe Henderson) Recorda me – Page One – Joe Henderson – Blue Note – 7243 4 98795 2 2

8:01 NPR News

(Jimmy Hendrix) Up from the Skies – Up from the Skies: Music of Jim McNeely – Planet Arts Music – 100454

(Traditional, arranged by Wilson, Linden, Ciancia) Easy Rider – Thunder Bird – Blue Note – 7243 8 63398 2 9

(Ted Hogarth) The Dance – Misconception – Ted Hogarth – Blujazz – Wide Sound – WD 134

(Ghose) New Blood – New Blood -  Sai Ghose – Summit Records – DCD 447

(Green, Heyman, Sour Eyton) Body and Soul – Monk’s Dream – Thelonious Monk Quartet – Columbia – CK 40786

(Mack David, Duke Ellington) I’m Just a Lucky So and So / (Harold Adamson, Jimmy McHugh) I Didn’t Mean a Word I Said – Ella: the Legendary Decca Recordings – Ella Fitzgerald - Decca Jazz – GRD-4-648

(Cedar Walton) The Promised Land – Three Blind Mice Volume 2 – Art Blakey and the Jazz Mesengers – Blue Note – CDP 7 84452 2