[JPL] 2 Specials

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 12 21:46:48 EDT 2006

A couple of specials this weekend on Jazz After Hours (PRI), and Jazz
Northwest (KPLU)....

First, Pat Martino is guest for an hour Saturday night  at 1 AM EDT.
Pat just finished the West Coast part of his tour in support of the new
Blue Note CD "Remembering: Tribute to Wes Montgomery".  He plays at The
Iridium in NYC Thursday-Sunday next week.    He talks about first
meeting Wes when he (Pat) was only 14 and several subsequent meetings,
including introducing Wes to Les Paul when all three were playing in
New York at different locations.... and the after hours hang when
George Benson and Grant Green joined them!  We'll also play and talk
about several Wes Montgomery tunes from the new CD during the hour.

(note:  we do not talk OVER the tunes, and we play them complete!
Whadda concept! )

The second special is on KPLU, Tacoma/Seattle  and kplu.org only.
It's Sunday afternoon at 1 PM  PDT (4 PM PDT, and is a one-hour concert
by a bi-coastal all-star quintet including Rickey Woodard, Ingrid
Jensen, Randy Porter, Kristin Korb and Carl Allen I recorded last
summer at Jazz Port Townsend (WA).   Tunes by Hank Mobley (Rickey's
favorite) as well as Carl Perkins and Monk.

This broadcast will also be available for about a week as a podcast at
kplu.org

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org