[JPL] Jazz Playlist: WCVE Thur 4-13

Peter Solomon Peter_Solomon at wcve.pbs.org
Thu Apr 13 20:57:05 EDT 2006

Here's Thursday's playlist. Also posted a ideastations.org/wcvefm
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to

Peter Solomon, jazz host
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235

Thank you for not smoking. Or for smoking.

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday April 13, 2006

(Hank Mobley) Wailin’ with Hank – Farmer’s Market – Art Farmer - Prestige/New Jazz – OJCCD-398-2

(Comden, Green, Styne) Just in Time – What Is There to Say – Gerry Mulligan – Columbia/Legacy – CK 52978

(Bennie Benjamin & George Weiss) I Ran All the Way Home – I’ll Be Seeing You – Sarah Vaughan – Vintage Jazz Classics – VJC-1015-2

(Grant Green) Green Jeans – Matador – Grant Green – Blue Note – CDP 7 84442 2

(Charles Lloyd) Dancing on One Foot – Sangam – Charles Lloyd – ECM – 1976 B0006160-02

(Moacir Santos, Mario Telles) Nana – Roda Carioca (Rio Circle) – Jovino Santos Neto – Adventure Music – AM 1023 2

(Cole Porter) I Love You – Lush Life – John Coltrane – Prestige – OJCCD-131-2

(Washington, Young) Stella by Starlight – Proof Positive – JJ Johnson – Impulse – GRD-145

8:01 NPR News

8:06 (Donald Reid, Debo Reid) Somewhere in the Night – Organic Vibes – Joey Defrancesco – Concord Jazz – CCD-2306-2

(Willie Dixon) I Want to Be Loved – Thunderbird – Cassandra Wilson – Blue Note – 7243 8 63398 2 9

(Duke Ellington, Paul Francis Webster) Chocolate Shake / (Paul Francis Wesbter, Hal Borne) If Life Were All Peaches and Cream / (Duke Ellington, Paul Francis Webster) Brown Skin Gal in the Calico Gown – Cannonball Adderly with Strings/Jump for Joy – Cannonball Adderly with arranger Bill Russo -
Verve – 314 528 699-2

(Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen) But Beautiful – Perpetually Hip – Mimi Fox – Favored Nations Cool – Mimi Fox – FNC-7050-2

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Edgar De Lange) Deep in a Dream – Cat – Catherine Russell – World Village – 468063

(Rick Davies) Caliente Time – Siempre Salsa – Rick Davies – Emlyn Music – 1001

(Jimmy Campbell, Reginald Connelly, Ted Sahpiro) If I Had You – For Those in Love – Dinah Washington – EmArcy – 314 514 073-2

(Clark Terry) Open Ocean – Tubby Hayes with Clark Terry “the New York Sessions” – Columbia – CK 45446