[JPL] Blues is the Blues (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) Friday, April 14, 2006

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 15 00:32:47 EDT 2006

8pm
Tom Waits, Get Behind the Mule (The Mule Variations)
Mr. Airplane Man, Sun Sinking Low
Pig In A Can, Don't Leave Me Baby (You Can't Poison A Pig)
R. L. Burnside, Miss Maybelle
Johnny Cash, Get Rhythm
Sylvester Weaver, Guitar Rag
Elizabeth Cotton, Freight Train/Washington Blues (...Live!)
Hubert Sumlin, Willie Dixon, Sunnyland Slim, Too Late For Me To Pray (Blues
Anytime)
Howlin' Wolf, I Got a Woman ((Memphis Recordings, 1952)
Sue Foley, Time To Travel (Young Girl Blues)
Otis Rush, Gambler's Blues ((All Your Love)
James Cotton, Good Time Charlie (best of the Verve Years)

9pm
Bobby Byrd & Vicki Anderson, Looks Like I'm Walkin'
Jr. Wells, Why Are People Like That? (Come On In This House)
The Wood Brothers, One More Day (Ways Not To Lose)
Charles Brown, title cut (These Blues)
Mel Melton & the Wicked Mojos, Pray for Day (Papa Mojo's Roadhouse)
Alvin Youngblood Hart, Big Mama's Door (Motivational Speaker)
Hubert Sumlin, Just Like I Treat You (Healin' Feeling)
Memphis Minne & Kansas Joe, Joliet Bound
Steve James, Saturday Night in Jail (Boom Chang)
Memphis Jug Band, Insane Crazy Blues
The Bubbling Over Five, Get Up Off That Jazzophone
Henry Muldrow, One Meatball
Phillip Walker, Tin Pan Alley/Hello Central (The Bottom of the Top)

10pm
Muddy Waters, Got My Mojo Workin'
R.L. Burnside, Shake'Em On Down (Too Bad Jim)
Howlin' Wolf, Moanin' at Midnight
Elmo Williams, Been Here and Gone (Takes One To Know One)
Cedell Davis, Boogie Chillen No. 2 (Feel Like Doin' Something Wrong)
Los Lonely Boys, I'm The Man To Beat (Blue Cat Blues)
Stevie Ray Vaughan, You'll Be Mine (Soul to Soul)
Little Charlie and the Nightcats, Keep Your Big Mouth Shut (Nine Lives)
The Mighty Reapers, title cut (Trouble People)
Sam Cooke & The Soul Stirrers, Any Day Now/He's My Guide
Swan Silvertones, I'm Coming Home/Come What May
Pops Staples, Downward Road
Madison's Lively Stones, It's Time To Make A Change (Saints' Paradise)
The Wood Brothers, Spirit (Ways Not To Lose)
Tom Waits, Cold Water (The Mule Variations)

11pm
Otis Spann, After Awhile
Chris Beard, Born to Play the Blues (Live Wire)
Otis Rush, title cut (All Your Love)
Gatemouth Brown, The Drifter' (Okie Dokie Stomp)
Debbie Davies, Blue & Lonesome (round every corner)
Slim Harpo, Raining In My Heart
Magic Slim, Still a Fool/Shake That Thing (anything can happen)
Johnny & the Mo-tones, Terminal Blues (Two Hits For The Kitty)
Coco Montoya, Tumbleweed
Anne Peebles, I Can't Stand The Rain