[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Friday Afternoon Jazz 4/14/06

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Fri Apr 14 23:15:40 EDT 2006

                                                                           WNMC
90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan

                                        Servin'
up a Steamin' Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine
Victuals for a Five County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                               38
Years of Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						                   ¤¤¤¤

                                                                                     FRIDAY
AFTERNOON JAZZ

                        Biz
(<mrbiz at torchlake.com>) or (<TBisard at nmc.edu>)
hosting April 14th, 2006 from 2-5 PM
                           in the oh-so-sunny
basement of West Hall on the campus of Northwestern Michigan College

                                                       [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]
					                        ¤ = new in rotation

							        2 PM

	BILLY FLYNN       *       Stealin' My
Jelly       *       "Chicago Blues Mandolin"       *       (Easy Baby)
	FRANK
MACCHIA       *       Elephants       *
"Mo' Animals"       *       (Cacophany)
	DAVID LINDLEY       *       Tiki
Torches       *       "Very Greasy"       *       (Elektra)
concert promo: SETH BERNARD & DAISY
MAY      *      Heavy Hand Rag      *      "Being
This Being"       *       (self-produced)
concert promo: RICHIE HAVENS       *       By the
Grace of the Sun       *       "Grace of the Sun"       *       (Stormy Forest)
							        BREAK
       ¤ - DEREK TRUCKS       *       Sahib Teri
Bandi - Maki Madni       *       "Songlines"       *       (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
       ¤ - PAPA GROWS FUNK       *       Sea
Cruise       *       "Live at the Leaf"       *       (Funky Krewe)
							        BREAK
	JOHN MATTERN QUARTET       *       Nothing
Personal       *       "Afrosano"       *       (Gravel Planet)
       ¤ - JANIS SIEGEL       *       Make It
Better       *       "A Thousand Beautiful Things"       *       (Telarc/CMG)
	LES MCCANN & EDDIE HARRIS       *       Cold
Duck Time       *       "Swiss Movement"       *       (Atlantic/WMG)

							        3 PM

       ¤ - NORMAN HEDMAN'S
TROPIQUE      *      Because I
Can      *      "Garden of Forbidden Fruit"       *       (Power Light)
	HENRY
MANCINI       *       Dreamsville       *
"Music from 'Peter Gunn'"       *       (RCA-vinyl)
       ¤ - ADAM UNSWORTH       *       Half Way
There       *       "Excerpt This!"       *       ( <www.adamunsworth.com> )
							        BREAK
	HARRY MANX       *       Your Sweet
Name       *       "Mantras for Madmen"       *       (Dog My Cat)
	CHARLES MINGUS       *       Nostalgia in Times
Square       *       "Wonderland"       *       (UnitedArtists Jazz-vinyl)
       ¤ - KIM NALLEY       *       See-Line
Woman       *       "She Put a Spell on
Me"       *       ( <www.kimnalley.com> )
							        pause
       ¤ - JOVINO SANTOS NETO       *       Festa
da Ere [Children's Party]       *       "Roda
Carioca"       *       (Adventure Music)
	MICHAEL SPIRO & MICHAEL
WILLIAMS       *       Shumba-Oya       *
"Bata Mbira"       *       (Bembé)
	TRIO MOCOTÓ       *       Pura
Beleza       *       "Beleza! Beleza!!
Beleza!!!"       *       (Ziriguiboom/Crammed Discs)

							        4 PM

	GEORGE W. CARROLL'S SARASOTA SUNSETS BIG
BAND      *      Seems Like Old
Times      *      "Trilogy"      *       <www.georgewcarroll.com> )
	SHORTY ROGERS ORCHESTRA      *       Infinity
Promenade       *       "Short Stops"       *       (RCA-vinyl)
       ¤ - JOHN ADAMS       *       Killer
Jose       *       "Trios"       *       (Congruent Music)
							        BREAK
	GIL SCOTT-HERON       *       The Needle's
Eye       *       "The Revolution Will not Be
Televised"       *       (Bluebird/RCA/Sony/BMG)
       ¤ - SYNERGY       *       Just Like
Now       *       "Later"       *       (neXtep)
	THE DUHKS       *       Political
Science       *       "Sail Away: The Songs of
Randy Newman"       *       (Sugar Hill)
	BORIS & THE SALTLICKS       *       Torn
Faith       *       "Cactusman versus the Blue
Demon"       *       (<www.frogvilleplanet.com>)
							        BREAK
	3ÓSITY       *       Scufflin'       *       "sel
3ÓSITY       *       Scufflin'       *
"self-titled"       *       (Capri)
       ¤ - ERNIE ANDREWS       *       River's
Invitation       *       "How About Me"       *       (HighNote)
       ¤ - PAPA GROWS FUNK       *       Slinky
Snake       *       "Live at the Leaf"       *       (Funky Krewe)

                                                            Most
of the music we play is available through
link on our website to CD Universe or from CD Baby

Weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds available at
CMJ. We also report our blues spins to 'Living
Blues' magazine's top 25 and our folk spins to
Roots Music Report. I apologize for
any  s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s  in keeping up with adds
&/or tracking information. It's a shared task and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

					                      ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                             Eric
Hines, general manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                        Thomas M "Biz" Bisard,
jazz  director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
	                  Jen Medlin-Lloyd, avant-garde
jazz/alt-country director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                                      Linnaea
Melcarek, world/international  director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>
		                          Leroy Alvarez, blues
director: <lalvarez at message.nmc.edu>
                                                      Bob
Brown, folk/roots director: <folkbob60 at yahoo.com>

           Office: (231) 995-2562     *     Music
Directors: (231) 995-1091     *     Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                                     Product,
Promotions, etc to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines or any of our directors
				                                       1701 E Front St
				                                       Traverse City MI 49686