[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC 4/7 - 4/13 Weekly Spins + Adds/Archives

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sun Apr 16 18:58:22 EDT 2006

WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan «««

                                      Servin' up
a Steamin' Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals
for a Five County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                               38
Years of Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

					                            ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

(AG) Jazz, Blues & World/International (WB) Spins<<<<
                                                                     for
the week of April 7th - 13th, 2006

                                                             THIS
WEEK'S REPORT IS DOWN TO 2 SPINS

			                                   [ARTIST
*     "Album"     *     (Label)]
				                                        AG = avant-garde
= blues
					                  WB = world/international

							9 SPINS

       B - VARIOUS
ARTISTS        *        "Alligator Records 35 x 35"        *        (Alligator)

							8 SPINS

	MONTY ALEXANDER        *        "Concrete
Jungle: The Music of Bob Marley"        *        (Telarc/CMG)
       B - DION        *        "Bronx and Blue"        *        (DMR)

							7 SPINS

	GERALD BECKETT        *        "Flute Vibes"        *        (Summit)

							6 SPINS

	JOEY DEFRANCESCO        *        "Organic
Vibes"        *        (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	HERBIE HANCOCK        *        "The Essential
Herbie Hancock"        *        (Columbia/Legacy/Sony/BMG)

							5 SPINS

       B - BLIND ARVELLA
GRAY        *        "The Singing Drifter"        *        (Conjuroo)
       B - JANIVA MAGNESS        *        "Do I
Move You?"        *        (Northern Blues)
	THE N'AWLINS GUMBO KINGS        *        "UFO
Saloon"        *        (<www.gumbokings.com>)
       B - SUSAN TEDESCHI        *        "Hope &
Desire"        *        (Verve/UMG)
       B - VARIOUS ARTISTS        *        "The
Greatest Mardi Gras Concert Ever"        *        (Fuel)
       B - VARIOUS
ARTISTS        *        "Ultimate New Orleans"        *        (Mardi Gras)

							4 SPINS

       B - CATFISH KEITH        *        "Sweet
Pea"        *        (Fish Tail)
	CYRUS CHESTNUT        *        "Genuine
Chestnut"        *        (Telarc Jazz/CMG)
	LAFAYETTE GILCHRIST        *        "Towards the
Shining Path"        *        (Shantytone/Hyena)
	CHARLIE HUNTER TRIO        *        "Copperopolis"        *        (Ropeadope)
	BETTYE LAVETTE        *        "I've Got My Own
Hell to Raise"        *        (Anti)
	PAMELA LUSS        *        "There's Something
About You I Don't Know"        *        (Savant)
       B - DUKE ROBILLARD        *        "Groove
A Rama"        *        (Stony Plain)
	CHRISTIAN SCOTT        *        "Rewind
That"        *         (Concord Jazz/CMG)
       B - VARIOUS ARTISTS        *        "Blues
Beginnings"        *        (Empire Musicwerks)
	SARAH VAUGHAN        *        "Sings for Lovers"        *        (Pablo/CMG)
       B - PEETIE
WHEATSTRAW        *        "Best of Blues"        *        (Wolf)

							3 SPINS

       B - BIG GEORGE BROCK & THE
HOUSEROCKERS        *        "Club Caravan"         *        (Cat Head)
	BRIAN BROMBERG        *        "Wood II"        *        (Artistry Music)
       B - BUTCH CAGE & WILLIE
B.        *        "Old Time Black Southern
String Band Music"        *        (Arhoolie)
	ROYCE CAMPBELL        *        "Gypsy
Soul"        *         (<www.mooncyclerecords.com>)
	PERRY CONTICCHIO        *        "Speak Your
Truth"        *        (Liven Up Jazz)
	ELVIS COSTELLO        *        "My Flame Burns
Blue"        *        (Deutche Grammophon)
	RICK DAVIES        *        "Siempre Salsa"        *        (Emlyn Music)
       B - RICH DEL GROSSO      *      "Get Your
Nose Outta My Bizness"        *        (self-produced)
	MARTY EHRLICH        *        "News on the Rail"        *        (Palmetto)
       B - BILLY FLYNN        *        "Chicago
Blues Mandolin"        *        (Easy Baby)
	LARRY GOLDINGS        *        "Quartet"        *        (Palmetto)
       B - HARD BARGIN        *        "More Than
You Bargined For"        *        (The Bass Guy)
	CONRAD HERWIG        *        "Obligation"        *        (Criss Cross Jazz)
	LENA HORNE        *        "Seasons of a Life"        *        (Blue Note/EMI)
   WB - LADYSMITH BLACK
MAMBAZO        *        "Long Walk to Freedom"        *        (Heads Up/CMG)
       B - ERIC LINDELL        *        "Change
in the Weather"        *        (Alligator)
       B - MISSISSIPPI HEAT        *        "One
Eye Open"        *        (Delmark)
       B - NATHAN & THE ZYDECO CHA
CHAS        *        "Hang It High, Hang It Low"        *         (Rounder)
       B - CHICAGO BOB
NELSON        *        "Flyin' too High"        *        (95 North)
	JACO PASTORIUS BIG BAND        *        "The
Word Is Out!"        *        (Heads Up/CMG)
	GONZALO RUBALCABA        *        "Solo"        *        (Blue Note/EMI)
	TOM SCOTT feat. PHIL
WOODS        *        "Bebop United"        *        (MCG Jazz)
	SF JAZZ COLLECTIVE        *        "SF Jazz
Collective 2"        *        (Nonesuch/WMG)
   WB - ANANDA SHANKAR        *        "A Life In
Music"        *        (Saregama/Times Square)
       B - EDDIE "VAAN"
SHAW        *        "Give Me Time"        *        (Wolf)
	LEW TABACKIN TRIO        *        "Tanuki's
Night Out"        *        (<www.lewtabackin.com>)
       B - TAILDRAGGER        *        "My Head
Is Bald"        *        (Delmark)
       B - LITTLE JOHNNY
TAYLOR        *        "Everybody Knows About My
Good Thing"        *        (Fuel)
	3ÓSITY        *        "self-titled"        *        (Capri)
    AG - ASSIF TSAHAR        *        "Solitude"        *        (Hopscotch)
   WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS        *        "Flamenco
Nuevo"        *        (World Music Network)
   WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS        *        "Putumayo
Presents: Brazilian Lounge"        *        (Putumayo)
	VOICE TREK        *        "An Acapella
Trek"        *        (<www.voicetreksings.com>)
	LARRY WILLIS TRIO        *        "The Big Push"        *        (HighNote)
	THE WOOD BROTHERS        *        "Ways Not to
Look"        *        (Blue Note/EMI)
	PHIL WOODS        *        "Unheard Herd"        *         (Jazzed Media)
       B - BILL WYMAN'S RHYTHM
KINGS        *        "Live"        *        (Fuel)
       B - ZORA YOUNG        *        "Tore Up
 From the Floor Up"        *        (Delmark)

							2 SPINS

       B - JOHNNY ADAMS        *        "The
Great Johnny Adams Blues Album"        *        (Rounder)
	ANGÁ        *        "Echu
Mingua"        *        (World Circuit/Nonesuch/WMG)
	DAVE ASKREN        *        "Some Other
Things"        *        (Sea Breeze Jazz)
	CARLOS BARBOSA-LIMA        *        "Carioca"        *        (Zoho)
	SATHIMA BEA BENJAMIN        *        "Musical Echoes"        *        (Ekapa)
	GEORGE W. CARROLL'S SARASOTA SUNSETS BIG
BAND       *      "Trilogy"      *      (<www.georgewcarroll.com>)
       B - WILLIAM CLARKE        *        "Live
in Germany"        *        (Watch Dog)
	MARK COLBY        *        "Speaking of Stan"        *        (Hallway)
    AG - COOPER - MOORE        *        "Outtakes
1978"        *        (Hopscotch)
	VINCE ECTOR        *        "Renewal of the
Spirit"        *        (Jazz Maniacs)
	TAYLOR EIGSTI        *        "Lucky to be
Me"        *        (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	BÉLA FLECK & THE FLECKTONES        *        "The
Hidden Land"        *        (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
	DAVE FRISHBERG        *        "Retromania: At
the Jazz Bakery"        *        (Arbors Jazz)
	RED GARLAND TRIO        *        "At the
Prelude"        *        (Prestige/CMG)
	STAN GETZ        *        "Plays for
Lovers"        *        (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	JOHN "PAPA" GROS        *        "Day's End"        *        (Funky Krewe)
	BILL HENDERSON        *        "Live at the
Kennedy Center"        *        (<www.webonlyjazz.com>)
       B - JAMES HUNTER        *        "People
Gonna Talk"        *        (Rounder)
	STEVE KHAN        *        "The Green Field"        *        (Tone Center)
       B - VANCE KELLY        *        "Nobody
Has the Power"        *        (Wolf)
	BILLY KILLSON'S B. K.
GROOVE        *        "Pots & Pans"        *        (Arintha Star/Navarre)
       B - J. B. LENIOR        *        "The
Parrot Sessions"        *        (Universal)
       B - JOHN LONG        *        "Lost &
Found"        *        (Delta Groove)
	JOHN MATTERN
QUARTET        *        "Afrosano"        *         (Gravel Planet)
       B - LARRY MCCRAY        *        "Live on
I 75"        *        (Magnolia)
	JOHN MCNEIL        *        "East Coast Cool"        *        (Omnitone)
       B - MEMPHIS SLIM        *        "Really
Got the Blues"        *        (St. Clair)
       B - MOJO STU        *        "Real House
Blues"        *        (Mudbone)
	TONY MONACO        *        "East to West"        *        (Chicken Coup)
	MONK'S MUSIC TRIO        *        "Monk's Bones"        *        (CMB)
	PAUL MOTIAN BAND        *        "Garden of Eden"        *        (ECM)
	GREG MURPHY        *        "Orientation"        *        (Murphasaurus)
	KEITH OXMAN        *        "Dues in Progress"        *        (Capri)
    AG - WILLIAM PARKER        *        "Long
Hidden: The Olmec"        *        (AUM)
       B - PINETOP PERKINS        *        "On Top"        *        (95 North)
	IKE QUEBEC        *        "The Complete Blue
Note 45 Sessions"        *        (Blue Note/EMI)
	ENRICO RAVA        *        "Tati"        *        (ECM)
       B - STEVE RILEY & THE MAMOU
PLAYBOYS        *        "Dominos"        *        (Rounder)
       B - OTIS RUSH        *        "All Your
Love I Miss Loving"        *        (Delmark)
	MARIA SCHNEIDER ORCHESTRA        *        "Days
of Wine and Roses"        *        (ArtistShare)
	JAE SINNETT        *        "The Sinnett Hearings"        *        (J-Nett)
	CHRIS
STEWART        *        "Phoenix"        *        (<www.docstewart.com>)
       B - VARIOUS
ARTISTS        *        "Classic Blues Songs From
the 1920's"        *        (Blues Images)
       B - VARIOUS ARTISTS        *        "The
Devil Is a Busy Man"        *        (Empire Musicwerks)
       B - VARIOUS
ARTISTS        *        "Hallelujah
Jubilee"        *        (Documentary Arts)
   WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS        *        "Putumayo
Presents: Turkish Groove"        *        (Putumayo)
	MARY LOU WILLIAMS
COLLECTIVE        *        "Zodiac Suite: Revisited"        *        (Mary)

	                                               Most
all of the music we play is available through a link
  		                                        on
our website to CD Universe or from CD Baby
                                                                                                                                                                          					SINGLE
SPINS NOT REPORTED THIS WEEK

60 of 100 new or reissued cd's from our current
jazz rotation were played. 3 of 20 new or
reissued discs from our avant-garde jazz rotation
were spun. We played 40 discs from our 80 cd
blues rotation. 5 of 40 world/international cd's received play.

							      ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

					                MAIN JAZZ ROTATION ADDS

	JOHN ADAMS        *        "Trios"        *        (Congruent Music)
	ERNIE ANDREWS        *        "How About Me"        *        (HighNote)
	DUDUKA DAFONSECA QUINTET        *        "Samba
Jazz In Black & White"        *        (Zoho)
	NORMAN HEDMAN'S TROPIQUE        *        "Garden
of Forbidden Fruit"        *        (Power Light)
	KIM NALLEY        *        "She Put a Spell On
Me"        *        (<www.kimnalley.com>)
	JOVINO SANTOS NETO        *        "Roda
Carioca"        *        (Adventure Music)
	PAPA GROWS FUNK        *        "Live At the
Leaf"        *        (Funky Krewe)
	JANIS SIEGEL        *        "A Thousand
Beautiful Things"        *        (Telarc/CMG)
	DAVID SILLS        *        "Down the Line"        *        (Origin)
	SYNERGY        *        "Later"        *        (neXtep)
	THE DEREK TRUCKS
BAND        *        "Songlines"        *        (Columbia/Sony/BMG)
	ADAM UNSWORTH        *        "Excerpt
This!"        *        (<www.adamunsworth.com>)

							ARCHIVES

	CHET BAKER        *        "Plays for Lovers"        *        (Riverside/CMG)
	GERMÁN BENSE BOSSA NOVA QUINTET   *    "Love
Songs In Vain"    *     (<www.ampcast.com/germanbense/>)
	CHICK COREA        *        "The Ultimate
Adventure"        *        (Stretch/Concord/CMG)
	MARTY EHRLICH        *        "News On the Rail"        *        (Palmetto)
	DOUG ELLINGTON & NEW URBAN
GROOVE        *        "Life"        *        (<www.dougellington.com>)
	STAN GETZ        *        "Plays for
Lovers"        *        (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	JOHN MCNEIL        *        "East Coast Cool"        *        (OmniTone)
	RADAM SCHWARTZ        *        "Conspiracy for
Positivity"        *        (Blue Ark)
	JAE SINNETT        *        "The Sinnett Hearings"        *        (J-Nett)
	PHILLIP STRANGE & LARRY
MARSHALL        *        "In the Moment"        *        (Summit)
	THE SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA
EAST      *      "Diamonds for Nat"      *      ( Summit)
	ZAXARIADES        *        "Mr. Z"        *        (Freeham)

Our weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds are
available at CMJ. Our top jazz spins should be
available at Roots Music Report soon.We also
report our blues plays to 'Living Blues'
magazine's top 25. We now report our  folk/roots
music to Roots Music Report, too. I apologize for
any  s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s  in keeping up with jazz
adds &/or tracking information. These are
semi-shared tasks and always  works in progress.

							        ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT week all!
     Biz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org> ««««

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

					                                ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                           Eric
Hines, general manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                             Tom "Biz" Bisard,
jazz  director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
		                  Jen Medlin-Lloyd, AG/out
jazz  director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                                       Linnaea
Melcarek, world/international  director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>
		                             Leroy Alvarez,
blues director: <lalvarez at message.nmc.edu>
                                                         Bob
Brown, folk/roots director: <folkbob60 at yahoo.com>

              Office: (231)
995-2562     *     Music Directors: (231)
995-1091     *     Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

					                                 ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                                  >>>Product,
Promotions, etc to:   WNMC 90.7 FM
                                                                                                  attn: