[JPL] Playlist: MJC-172, Jazz Singers Past And Present

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Mon Apr 17 10:30:03 EDT 2006

Each week Modern Jazz Classics is heard an aggregate 42 hours via our AM, FM, Internet, Podcast and Wi-Fi affiliates, reaching an audience potential of more than 1.75 million.

MJC is a no cost, commercial free program available by download or disk. For more information, visit
http://www.modernjazzclassics.com .

MJC-172: Jazz Singers, Past And Present

Theme and intro: Keith Jarrett - On Green Dolphin Street
Hour one: Jazz Singers, Present

Diana Krall / Stop The World / The Girl In The Other Room / Verve
Kurt Elling(Joanne Brackeen) / What's Your Choice, Rolls Royce / Pink Elephant Magic / Arkadia Jazz*
Tierney Sutton(Chris Walden) / How Long Has This Been Going On / Home Of My Heart / Origin
Meg Clifton / Title Track / You're A Sweetheart / McMahon Music
Karrin Allyson / A Tree And Me / Footprints / Concord Jazz
Kevin Mahogany / There Will Never Be Another You / Big Band / Mahogany Jazz
Freida Lee(Charley Harrison) Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars / Keeping My Composure / C3 Records
Freddy Cole(Charley Harrison) / On The South Side Of Chicago / Keeping My Composure / C3 Records
Cassandra Wilson(Jacky Terrasson) / Old Devil Moon / Rendezvous / Blue Note
Mose Allison / Meet Me At No Special Place / I Don't Worry About A Thing / Atlantic Jazz
Lorraine Feather / Indiana Lana / Dooji Wooji / Sanctuary
Kitty Margolis / I'm Always Drunk In San Francisco / Hear & Now / Concord Jazz

Top of hour one sweep - Cannonball Adderly - Spontaneous Combustion
Hour two: Jazz Singers, Past

Billie Holiday / Lover Come Back To Me / The Essential Billie Holiday / Verve / 1952
Shirley Horn(Stuff Smith) / Our Love Is Here To Stay / The Complete Verve Stuff Smith Sessions / Mosaic / 1959
Ella Fitzgerald-Joe Williams(Basie Octet) / Party Blues / Compact Jazz / Verve / 1956
Sarah Vaughan / Poor Butterfly / Linger Awhile / Pablo / 1957
Ray Charles(Poncho Sanchez) / Mary Ann / Hear & Now / Concord Jazz / ?
Irene Kral / Wheelers And Dealers / Kral Space / VeeJay / 1977
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross / In A Mello Tone / The Hottest New Group In Jazz / Columbia / 1959
Mel Torme' / Sweet Georgia Brown / Reunion / Concord Jazz / 1988
Chris Connor / Moonlight In Vermont / Chris Craft / Atlantic Jazz / 1958
Billy Eckstine / Piano Man / Basie-Eckstine, Etc. / Roulette / Early '60s
Carmen McRae / Man That Was A Dream(Monk's Tune) / The Spirit Of Jazz / Novus-RCA / ?
Nina Simone / My Baby Just Cares For Me / Sampler, Vol.1 / Bethlehem / Mid '60s
Peggy Lee(Quincy Jones) / New York City Blues / Blues Cross Country / Capitol Jazz / 1961

Top of hour two sweep and sign off - Cannonball Adderly - Stockholm Sweetnin'

*for my 3 year old granddaughter, Lainie!

Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

(904) 910-3475
(877) 856-3889 fax