[JPL] Playlist: WCVE 4-20

Peter Solomon Peter_Solomon at wcve.pbs.org
Wed Apr 19 21:01:52 EDT 2006

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE Richmond. Also posted at ideastations.org/wcvefm.

Thanks

Peter Solomon, jazz host
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235

(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday April 19, 2006

(Lester Young) Pres Returns – Pres and Teddy – Lester Young and Teddy Wilson – Verve – 831 270-2

(Frank Loesser) I’d Like to Get You on a Slow Boat to China – Charlie Parker: the Complete Live performances on Savoy – Charlie Parker – Savoy Jazz – SVY-1021-24

(Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen) Like Someone in Love – Roseanna Vitro Live at the Kennedy Center – Challenge records – CR 73252

(Jim McNeely) We Will Not Be Silenced – Up from the Skies – Vanguard Jazz Orchestra plays Music of Jim McNeely – Planet Arts – 100454

(Mongo Santamaria) Afro-Blue – Love letters – Roy Haynes with John Scofield and Dave Holland – Eighty-Eights/Columbia – CK 87197

(Monk) Bemsha Swing /Reflections – Thelonious Monk – Prestige – OJCCD-010-2

(Oliver Nelson) The Meeting – Another Opus – Lem Winchester – Prestige/New Jazz – OJCCD-1816-2

(Razaf, Blake) Memories of You – The Best of Art Tatum – Art Tatum and Buddy Defranco - Pablo – PACD-2405-440-2

8:01 NPR News

(Bob Marley) No More Trouble – Concrete Jungle: The Music of Bob Marley – Monty Alexander with Delfeayo Marsalis - Telarc – CD 83635

(Charles Lloyd) Little Peace – Sangam – Charles Lloyd with Zakir Hussein and Eric Harland – ECM – 1976

(Jones, Symes) No Greater Love – But Not for Me – Ahmad Jamal – MCA-Chess Records – CHD-9108

(Vernon Duke) Autumn in New York – Daddy Plays the Horn – Dexter Gordon – Bethlehem Jazz – 20-30132

(Razaf, Waller, Brooks) Sweet Savannah Sue / (Razaf, Waller, Brooks) That Rhythm Man / (A> Hill, F. Waller) I’m Crazy ‘bout My Baby – Satch Plays Fats – Louis Armstrong – Columbia/Legacy – CK 64927

(Cahn, Styne) Just in Time – Bang the Drum Quickly – Aaron Binder – AJB 60875

(Ellington, Mills, Bigard) Mood Indigo – Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins – Impulse – IMPD-162

(Irving Berlin) Slumming on Park Avenue - Watch What Happens – Ruby Braff – Arbors - ARCD 19259