[JPL] Robin McKelle's CDR

Kyle Warren kyle at wicn.org
Fri Apr 21 16:29:23 EDT 2006

What happened to the days when people programmed shows with music that
sounded good?

Can you imagine how much music I'd be rejecting if a CD didn't have cut
lengths printed on the back cover? Or if the text was difficult to read
because of small size or poor color choice? The decision should be made by
your ears and not your eyes.

Why would someone play music from an artist for a short period of time but
pull it from rotation after that? By doing this we're telling the audience
"This song is good enough for you to listen to right now - while we're doing
some promotion - but after that you won't hear it again." That sounds just
like the commercial stations that will play Frank Sinatra, Harry Connick
Jr., Nat King Cole and other jazz legends when its time for holiday music,
but not in any other month.

Kyle Warren
Operations Director
Webmaster