[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic, " WCVF-FM, 4/21/06 - Adam Zadok live

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 16:39:53 EDT 2006

Adam Zadok drove down Interstate 90 from Buffalo to bring his distinctive
brand of solo acoustic rock (which many of you may recall from the "Acoustic
Rainbow 21" compilation) to the WCVF-FM studios. He sang three songs live,
two from his debut EP, and a new song which is slated to appear on his
second disc later this year. A fine job.
  The show ran 150 minutes today, an extra half-hour to fill in after the
world premiere of a student-produced radio drama with a cast of SUNY
Fredonia students and faculty. I fulfilled a lifelong dream by playing the
part of a shooting victim in the reproduction of a Dragnet episode. There's
something magical about radio theater, especially when it's done as well as
this was. I'm proud to have had a small part in the production.
   The phones were busy, especially for the Sloane Square Syncopators. I
tell you, all I have to do get the phones ringing is to play a
dixieland-oriented cut. I wish we'd get more in. Other listener favorites
included Vernon Oxford, Wa-Zimba, Dennis McClung, the yodelling cut which
was handed to me without identification by our Program Director, Marley's
Ghost, and Johnson, Miller and Dermody. To the playlist:

HOUR #1:
Mission Street Project - My Two Sons - Liberty Tree

Vernon Oxford - Turn the Record Over - The Oxford Touch

Wa-Zimba - Ela - Mande Wazy

Shaynee Rainbolt - Another Hundred People - At Home

Earnest Walker, Jr. - P-Cola Bounce - Variations on a Groove

Dennis McClung Blues Band - Let the Good Times Roll - Live! Out of the
Ordinary

HOUR #2:
Adam Zadok interview with live performances of
State of the Union
Warpath
(new song)

Ray Korona Band - Listen to the Earth - The Safe Thing To Do

Marvia Providence - Keep On Keeping On - Thank You

(unidentified) - Bayerische Polka Yodel

Wendolina - Nina - Tenderly

Jaiya - Beltane Night - Beltane: Songs for the Green Time

Marley's Ghost - Cowboy Lullaby - Spooked

Eric Taylor - The Great Divide - The Great Divide

Michael Mish - The Air - Songs for a Better Planet (various)

HOUR #3:
Carmela Rappazzo - These Words - The Girl Who Dreams Out Loud: New Standards

Johnson, Miller & Dermody - Springtime Blues - Deceiving Blues

Randy Weston and his African Rhythms Trio - Portrait of Frank Edward Weston
- Zep Tepi

Empty Can Band - Jimmy & Jerry Lee - Still Alive

Sloane Square Syncopators - Singin' the Blues - Live! at the Purcell Room

Orlando Consort - Rose, liz, printemps, verdure - The Rose, the Lily & the
Whortleberry: Medieval Gardens

Tena Moyer - Company Man - Shining Through

Stone Crazy Blues Band - The Freeze - Barnyard Boogie

Chuck McCabe - Gone to Utah - Sweet Reunion

DomingoSiete - Mala Suerte - Quitate la Mascara

Chuck Durfor/Ed Kernan - Swirlin' Leaves - From Away

Jon Batson - The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth - Awaken the Dreamer

Travis Terry - Touching the Past - Navajoland

Next week, Erik Balkey live and in person! Keep sending dixieland!

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"