[JPL] FW: RE: Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 23 07:07:46 EDT 2006

1am
Galactic, Paint (Ruckus)
Thievery Corporation, A Simple Story (The Richest Man in Babylon)
Zony Mash, title cut (Upper Egypt)
Clusone Trio, The Gig (I Am An Indian)
Charles Mingus, Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am (Oh Yeah)
Ted Sirota's Rebel Souls, Chairman Fred (I Wish Fred Hampton Was Here)
(Breeding Resistance)
Brian Eno, Help Me Somebody (My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts)
Wayne Shorter Quartet, Joy Ryder (Beyond The Sound Barrier)
Dave Douglas, The Sheik of Things To Come (Meaning and Mystery)
Odean Pope Saxophone Choir, Prince Lasha (Locked & Loaded)

2am
Taylor Eigsti, Woke Up This Morning (Lucky To Be Me)
Ralph Alessi, Affect Images (This Against That)
Dom Minasi, The Dark Side (The Vampire's Revenge)
Patricia Barber, Like JT (...companion)
Luciana Souza, Sonnet (Neruda)
The Sai Ghose Quartet, Little B's Poem (New Blood)
Vincent Herring, title cut (Ends and Means)
Billy Bang, title cut (Outline N'12)

3am
Jolie Holland, Alley Flowers
Andy Scott & Dave Hassell, Jelly Baby (Sand Dancer)
Sonny Rollins, Hold'em Joe (...on Impulse)
Maria Ochoa, Asi Quiero Vivie (In the Heat of Sun Like This I Want To Live)
Alberto Socarras, Masabi (The Music of Cuba 1909 - 1951)
Radio Tarifa, Oye China (Rumba Angelina)
Lula Pena, Senhora Do Almortao + 7 Mulheres do minho (Phados)
Peter Apfelbaum & the NY Hieroglyphics, Rainbow Sign (It Is Written)
James Blood Ulmer's Odyssey The Band, Happy Time (Back In Time)
The Tin Hat Trio, Hotel Aurora (Book of Silk)
Pyeng Threadgill, Close To Me (Of The Air)

4am
John McNeil, Delusions (East Coast Cool)
Chet Baker, But Not For Me (Young Chet-1954)
Herbie Nichols Trio, Argumentative (love, gloom, cash, love)
Roswell Rudd Trio, Jamacia (The Unheard Herbie Nichols Vol. 1)
Randy Weston African Rhythms Trio, Blue Moses (Zep Tepi)
Andy Bey, Caravan (American Song)
Andrew Hill, Malachi (Time Lines)
Alexis Cole, The Peacocks (Nearer the Sun)

5am
Hiromi Ueharra, Green Tea Room (Brain)
William Parker, Anast Crossing The River of Light (Raincoat In the River)
Andrew Hill, Plantation Bag (Passing Ships)
Bob Moses, Ripped Van Twinkle (When Elephants Dream of Music)
Jack DeJohnette w/Bill Frisell, title cut (The Elephant Sleeps But Still
Remembers)
Tim Berne's Fractured Fairy Tales, SEP
Martial Solal, Dave Douglas, All The Things You Are (Rue De Seine)
Andrew Sterman, Evening