[JPL] More Kenny Drew Jr comments

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 10:24:33 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/20/2006 6:50:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
onemansjazz at shaw.ca writes:
<<..Why can Chris Rock
use all the foul language he wants  to when he rants about something, yet
some people tell me that I should tone  it down?..>>

Depends largely on the demographics of the forum. If people pay a big  ticket
for an adult-oriented comedy routine, they know what to expect. In a
"polite" or at least all-ages, general-interest email forum, you never know  whose
eyes will be on the material.

Someone sent me a cleaned-up version of your essay, by the way.

Keep up that provocative work, this is a discussion that needs to continue.
Here in my market (western Massachusetts and NY capital region), our main NPR
outlet discontinued its nightly Jazz hour a year ago, in favor of a Canadian
news magazine. Now, there's innovative programming. Now, they have just 90
minutes of local Jazz programming a week, a fine weekend show by Tim Coakley,
which precedes Jim Wilke's show.

The road is paved to WFCR's expansion of its signal into our area!

Ed