[JPL] WBEZ

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 24 18:33:48 EDT 2006

Right, Ed.  That's the classic "bipolar" radio listening pattern which
has been consistent since tv displaced radio as the primary source of
home entertainment and a larger workforce outside the home.  Morning
and afternoon drivetime have been the highest listening times on
virtually all radio and the highest revenue producing periods since the
50s.  To have a higher than average listenership outside these times
just means you have a larger percentage of a smaller available audience.

Also, although I have a distaste for background music, I would think
most people would find soft jazz less distracting than talk shows while
at work unless they're engaged in repetitive, mechanical tasks.

Jim