[JPL] WBEZ......WRTI

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 25 22:31:27 EDT 2006

That may well be so.  The loss of daytime jazz brought home the fact
jazz fans had better support what jazz was left by donating or lose it,
too.  Sad to say, a lot of jazz listeners are apathetic when it comes
to financial support.  Some are generous, but many others don't mind
someone else paying their tab.  We all know only a fraction of
listeners actually subscribe to public radio, but I suspect it may be
an even a smaller percentage for jazz formats.

Club owners and concert presenters often face the same problem.   I've
found it easy to get a large turnout for free outdoor jazz concerts
I've presented (with musicians paid by MPTF/ Parks / City / grants /
etc.),  but fewer than half as many show if you charge admission for
the same talent.    Somebody, somewhere has to pay something  - Arturo,
you do have fund raisers, don't you?

Jim