[JPL] WRCT CMJ Jazz Top 10 & ADDS

Matthew Merewitz jazz at wrct.org
Wed Apr 26 02:23:37 EDT 2006

Jazz for station WRCT
#   ARTIST                        Recording
1   SUN RA AND HIS SPACE ARKESTRA What Planet Is This
2   CHICAGO UNDERGROUND DUO       In Praise Of Shadows
3   ANDREW HILL                   Time Lines
4   ODEAN POPE                    Locked And Loaded
5   ICP ORCHESTRA                 Aan And Uit
6   SF JAZZ COLLECTIVE            SF Jazz Collective II
7   TERRY CABRERA                 Metamorphosis
8   MICHAEL CARVIN                Marsalis Music Honors
9   ASSIF TSAHAR/COOPER-MOORE/HAMID DRAKE Lost Brother
10   COLIN STRANAHAN QUINTET       Transformation

Jazz Adds for station WRCT

CMJ is retarded! Or maybe I am.... Even though I added these based on emails
I received requesting adds, it does not show up on the site. Maybe I forgot
to hit the submit key. But I was almost posititive I did!!!

SF Jazz Collective - SF Jazz Collective 2
Taylor Eigsti - Lucky To Be Me
Dave Douglas - Meaning & Mystery
Sun Ra -- Heliocentric Worlds Vols. 1 & 2
Calvin Hill -- I Can't Give You Anything But Love

I actually physically added these artists to rotation this week after many
weeks of carrying them around with me and playing them on my show (I didn't
have time to do internal station reviews, which we require, until now):

Taylor Eigsti Trio -- Lucky to be Me
Kevin Hays -- Open Range
Andrew Hill -- Time Lines
Calvin Hill -- I Can't Give You Anything But Love
SF Jazz Collective -- SF Jazz Collective 2
Nina Simone -- Silk & Sou
Nina Simone -- Sings the Blues
Colin Stranahan -- Transformation
Sun Ra -- Heliocentric Worlds Vols. 1 & 2
The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra -- Up From the Skies (Music of Jim McNeely)
Chris Walden Big Band -- Winter Games

--
Matt Merewitz
Music Director