[JPL] How many 24/7 Jazz stations exist today?

B.H. Hudson bhhudson at nccu.edu
Thu Apr 27 12:57:38 EDT 2006

WNCU also plays a good deal of jazz. that is our format. maybe 80-90% of our schedule is local announced. parlocha every night also.
matter of fact, we recently added more shifts to the schedule. not 24/7, but close.

B H Hudson
Asst. P.D./Music Director
WNCU-FM
P.O.Box 19875
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham NC 27707
919-530-7446-office

>>> arturo893 at qwest.net 04/27/06 12:48 PM >>>

To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

Greg wrote <<< Tom's note just got me thinking:
How many 24/7 Jazz stations exist today?
We would be one. >>>

Here at jazz89KUVO over 90% of our weekly output is jazz so we are one,
KKJZ-Long Beach-LA, KSDS-San Diego, KCSM-San Mateo-SF,WBGO-Newark-NY,
WGMC-Rochester, KPLU-Seattle-Tacoma, not quite sure about the San José,
Saint Louis, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas or Phoenix stations. My former
stomping grounds of Miami has WDNA with about 80% jazz and I'm sure there
are others

Arturo Gómez

This week's sponsor: ''don't call her Larry, volume 2'' by LAWRENCE LEBO

''Lebo is in excellent form throughout'' - Scott Yanow, L.A. Jazz Scene

''...a truly talented singer, a fresh voice on the scene.'' - Jacques Emond, host ''Swing is in the Air'', CKCU-FM 93.1 - Programming Director Ottawa International Jazz Festival

'' She has that classic jazz embolic style as she cavorts with the violin and guitar and those savoy stylings. Ms Lebo is a lovely traditionalist spinning melodies haven't heard quite like this since those romantic, turbulent thirties and forties.'' - Dick Crocket, host ''Still Another Jazz Show'', Sacramento, CA

West Coast Vocalist/Composer/Arranger LAWRENCE LEBO straddles the boundaries of traditional American music, creating her own innovative hybrid of jazz/blues/roots musical styling. ''don't call her Larry, volume 2'' is her second release for ON THE AIR RECORDS.

In this follow up to her critically acclaimed debut EP, Ms. LEBO swings, scats and moans her way through both originally penned compositions, and originally arranged classics that run the gamut from contemporary jazz, acoustic swing, to rocking electric blues. Ms. LEBO has shared the stage with such jazz greats as BOBBY BRADFORD, and has been featured on NPR's WEEKEND EDITION SHOW, hosted by LIANE HANSEN.

''don't call her Larry, volume 2'' is Radio friendly and coming to a Radio station near you. With her newest release, LAWRENCE is sure to keep her loyal fans smiling, as well as to recruit new worshipers

Contact Denny Croy (sideman at sbcglobal.net) at On The Air Records, or call (818) 708-9565. Visit LAWRENCE LEBO at www.lawrencelebo.com.