[JPL] How many 24/7 Jazz stations exist today?

POWDERSPAM at aol.com POWDERSPAM at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 13:30:51 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/27/2006 1:02:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
eric-jackson at comcast.net writes:

Really?  Either I didn't know that or I had forgotten. I've been on the
station
several times although it's been a few years. Has it always been 24 hour
jazz? What is the frequency? How many watts is it?

Eric  Jackson
8 pm - mid Mon - Thurs
WGBH Boston
89.7  FM
www.wgbh.org/jazz
www.wgbhblogs.org/jazz

there's related specialty programming nightly from 7-10, otherwise all  jazz.
8,000 watts. _www.wicn.org_ (http://www.wicn.org) . i listen  often from the
framingham area. it's a great station with lots of variety from  big band to
hard bop to very new modern jazz.
-david