[JPL] How many 24/7 Jazz stations exist today?

Shaunna Morrison Machosky morrison at wduq.org
Thu Apr 27 13:35:05 EDT 2006

KPLU Seattle is dual format -- lots of jazz and
blues, but the NPR newsmags as well. (just like
my station)

They do have a 24-hr jazz HD2 channel  and 24-hr. jazz web stream.

KJZZ Phoenix is also dual format jazz/NPR

If web counts, some stations have 24-hr online
jazz channels to supplement their online
simulcast.

For anyone who can listen to HD2 channels (not
many people yet, I know) there are some
additional public stations with a 24-hr jazz HD2
and ten commercial stations running a 24-hr
trad/classic jazz channel.

-Shaunna @ WDUQ Pittsburgh