[JPL] Re: How Many 24/7 jazz stations exist today

Andy Cook ajcook68 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 07:16:39 EDT 2006

Really?  Either I didn't know that or I had forgotten. I've been on the
station
several times although it's been a few years. Has it always been 24
hour
jazz? What is the frequency? How many watts is it?

  Hi Eric, WICN's signal range is around the Route 495 area around Natick and Framingham out to Worcester, and that's it.  I live in Waltham off 95/128 and you can barely get it in there on the car radio.  You can't really pick it up in greater Boston.  Your colleague Steve Charboneau should know a lot about WICN, he used to work there.

  As far as jazz stations, there is NPR's WUCF, 88.9 FM, University of Central Florida, in Orlando.  Good station, and great listening when I visit on vacations. And, of course, there is KRML AM 1410 in Carmel, CA,  The AM jazz station made famous by Clint Eastwood's classic 1971 thriller, Play Misty For Me. "This is Dave Garver with a little music, a little talk, and 5 hours of music to be very nice to each other by."

  Andy Cook
  WFNX Jazz Brunch
  Boston