[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Fri Apr 28 14:43:25 EDT 2006

Each week Modern Jazz Classics is heard an aggregate 40 hours via our AM, FM, Internet, Podcast and Wi-Fi partners, reaching an audience base of more than 1.7 million.

MJC is a no cost to affiliate program available by download or disk. For more information, visit http://www.modernjazzclassics.com .

MJC-174: Duke Ellington, B. 4/29/1899 - D. 5/24/1974

Theme and intro: Wynton Kelly - On Green Dolphin Street

Duke Ellington / Don't Worry 'Bout Me / Happy Birthday Duke, Vol. 1 / LaserLight / 1952-53
Duke Ellington / Take The "A" Train / Happy Birthday Duke, Vol.1 / LaserLight / 1952-53
Duke Ellington / Solitude / Happy Birthday Duke, Vol. 3 / LaserLight / 1952-53

Charley Harrison / B.S. / Keeping My Composure / C3 Records
Dianne Reeves / We'll Be Together Again / Hear & Now / Concord Jazz
Carmela Rappazzo / It's Always You / New Standards / Studiola Records

Duke Ellington / Jeep's Blues / At Newport / Columbia / 1956
Duke Ellington / C Jam Blues / Take The "A" Train / Fourstar / 1956

David Sills / Eastern View / Down The Line / Origin
Harvie S / "S" / Funky Cha / Zoho

Top of hour one sweep: Mal Waldron - Bye-Ya

Vault Selection: Duke Ellington (Ivy Anderson) / It Don't Mean A Thing / Centennial Edition / RCA / 1932
Vault Selection: Duke Ellington Famous Orchestra / Cotton Tail / Centennial Edition / RCA / 1932
Duke Ellington-Ella Fitzgerald(Paul Gonsalves) / Cotton Tail / The Centennial Edition / RCA / 1963

Karrin Allyson (Jon Hendricks) / Strollin' / Footprints / Concord Jazz
Chuck Redd / Cry Me A River / Happy All The Time / Arbors Jazz

Duke Ellington(Johnny Hodges) / Isfahan / The Far East Suite Special Remix / Bluebird / 1966
Duke Ellington (Cootie Williams) / Caravan / The Great London Concerts / Music Masters / 1963
Duke Ellington-Ray Brown / See See Rider / OJC Sampler / Pablo OJC / 1972

Phil Woods-L.A. Jazz Orchestra (Carl Saunders) / We The People Bop / Unheard Herd / Jazzed Media
Miles Davis Quintet / 'Round Midnight / The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions / Prestige

Top of hour two sweep and sign off: Les Spann - Stockholm Sweetnin'

Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer/(your remark here)
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

(904) 910-3475
(877) 856-3889 fax

http://www.modernjazzclassics.com