[JPL] FW: RE: Blues is the Blues (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) Friday, April 28, 2006

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 29 00:42:55 EDT 2006

8pm,
Othar Turner & the Rising Star Fife and Drum Band, Shimmy-she-wobble
(everybody hollerin goat)
Chicago Beau, Be Care How You Vote (My Ancestors)
Alvin Youngblood Hart, title cut (Motivational Speaker)
The Fabulous Thunderbirds, title cut (Painted On)
Odyssey the Band (James Blood Ulmer), Last One (Back in Time
Tom Waits, Big in Japan (The Mule Variations)
Blackie & the Rodeo Kings, Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny's Blues)
Cootie Stark, Padlock Blues (Sugar Man)
Keb Mo, Come On In My Kitchen
Harry Manx & Kevin Breit, When You're Weary and You Run (Jubilee)
The Wood Brothers, One More Day (Ways Not To Lose)
Pinetop Perkins w/Deborah Coleman, Meanest Woman (Ladies Man)
Eddy Clearwater w/Los Straitjackets, Midnight Groove

9pm
Memphis Minnie, Please Don't Stop Him
Marcia Ball, Tall Skinny Papa (Shout, Sister, Shout!)
Memphis Minnie, Fashion Plate Daddy
Sue Foley, Down the Big Road Blues (Where The Action Is)
Sue Foley, Time To Travel (Young Girl Blues)
Maria Muldaur, I Looked Down the Line and I Wondered (Shout, Sister, Shout)
Elmore James, Whose Muddue Shoes
Jessie Mae Hemphill, Standing in my Doorway Crying (She-Wolf)
Joe Carter & His Chicago Broomdusters, I'm Worried
Tom Waits, Cold Water (The Mule Variations)
Muddy Waters, Two Trains Runnin'
Fred McDowell, The Train I Ride (Mississippi Blues)
Delmore Brothers, Blue Railroad Train

10pm
Toni Lynn Washington, I Don't Want Nobody (Been So Long)
Johnny Adams, Imitation of Love
Toni Lynn Washington, Are You Happy Now?
Howard Tate, How Come My Bulldog Don't Bark
Lee Dorsey, Tear, Tears and More Tears
Little Milton, Can't Get Next To You (Think of Me)
Kevin McKendree, Think For Yourself (Hammers & Strings)
Maria Muldaur, title cut (Meet Me At Midnight)
Kevin McKendree, Gone Away
Javina Magness, I Can't Stop Cryin' (Do I Move You?)
Harmonica Slim & Hosea Leavy, title cut (Cold Tacos and Warm Beer)
Steve James, Downtown Train (Art & Grit)
Kokomo Arnold, Dirty Dozens (Rough Guide to Bottleneck Blues)
Rev. Billy C. Wirtz, Female Trouble/The King & I (Sermon From Bethlehem)

11pm
Freddie King, Live at the Electric Ballroom, 1974
various Freddie King interviews