[JPL] Can't believe I'm doing this, but vote for WBEZ (we'll lower taxes)

Toulouse, Sarah stoulouse at chicagopublicradio.org
Sat Apr 29 13:36:29 EDT 2006

Hay all, I'm asking for your vote for best station, not for spiteful reasons
but more to recognize the amazing work of my colleagues Dan Bindert, Richard
Steele, and Dick Buckley (his 50 + years dedication to jazz radio alone is a
miracle).  Also, it would be a nice way to honor all the music programmers
here of decades past and present.  And, I just have to say, in the 10 years
that I've had the pleasure of working with these folks, I know we
built a strong jazz audience, going from about 60,000 cume to our current
100,000 or better, and helped the station overall get into that 600,000
range.  That's nothing to sneeze at.

Just a quick thanks to everyone for all the personal messages of support.
Dan, Richard, Dick and myself appreciate it very much, and as Larry Smith (retired
last October) says, we'll keep swinging ya.

Check us out on our live web stream at www.chicagopublicradio.org (8pm - 4am
Central time, and Dick is on Sundays 12pm - 3pm), doing our best jazz
shows ever through the end of this year.  ;-)

Thanks,
Sarah Toulouse
WBEZ Chicago Public Radio