[JPL] Can't believe I'm doing this, but vote for WBEZ (we'll lower taxes)

Mark Ruffin mruffin at jazzusa.com
Sat Apr 29 13:45:04 EDT 2006

As many of you know, I usually keep a low profile on the JPL but I can't let
this pass without comment.  With all due respect to Sarah and her sentiment,
WBEZ has slapped Chicago in the face with their duplicitous action in saying
they were going to dedicate a frequency to jazz and then announcing they
will drop the music altogether.  The jazz community in Chicago is in an
uproar over WBEZ and to have them win a national award from Jazz Week would
be a slap on our other cheek.
Mark Ruffin