[JPL] Dobbin's Den April 30

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 29 19:51:50 EDT 2006

BACKGROUND TO EDITION # 579

DOBBIN'S DEN

On today's edition we have musical tributes to DOROTHEE BERRYMAN, DUKE ELLINGTON, BOB RUSSELL and JERRY LEIBER - all born last week. We also preview pianist JOHN STETCH's appearance here at UPSTAIRS JAZZ BAR & GRILL.

HOST: LEN DOBBIN                                11am - 1pm

CKUT 90.3fm [Montreal]                        www.ckut.ca [real audio]

MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA               APRIL 30, 2006

DOROTHEE  BERRYMAN

P.S. I LOVE YOU [LA FACTRIE]

*Caravan

VALENTINO ORCHESTRA

DABREAK EXPRESS [JUST-A-MEMORY]

*Caravan

*Cotton Tail

*Don't Get Around Much Anymore

*Main Stem

OSCAR PETERSON

PLAYS THE DUKE ELLINGTON SONG BOOK [VERVE]

*Cotton Tail

MOSE ALLISON

THE MOSE CHRONICLES - LIVE IN LONDON, VOLUME 2 [BLUE NOTE]

Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me

BARNEY KESSEL

MY OLD FLAME [QUADROMANIA]

Just Squeeze Me

JOHN STETCH

STANDARDS [JUSTIN TIME]

*Moose The Mooche

*Embraceable You

CHARLIE PARKER

CHARLIE PARKER, MONTREAL, 1953 [UPTOWN]

*Intro / Ornithology

*Embraceable You

CHARLIE CHRISTIAN - BENNY GOODMAN

THE GENIUS OF THE ELECTRIC GUITAR [COLUMBIA]

Till Tom Special

GLENN MILLER

PURE GOLD [RCA VICTOR]

Pennsylvania 6-5000

ANDY KIRK

MOTEN SWING [ PRO-ARTE]

What's Your Story Morning Glory

PEGGY LEE

BLACK COFFEE [DECCA / VERVE]

Black Coffee

SINGS LEIBER & STOLLER [A&M]

Say It

I've Got Them Feelin' Too Good Today Blues

Kansas City

Is That All There Is

ART LILLARD'S HEAVENLY BAND

REASONS TO BE THANKFUL [SUMMIT]