[JPL] okay, then vote for Buckley

Toulouse, Sarah stoulouse at chicagopublicradio.org
Sun Apr 30 21:04:47 EDT 2006

To address Mark Ruffin's post - I'm not asking this to honor the station, I'm really asking for recognition of Dick Buckley.  I don't know if he qualifies for the humanitarian award, but at least a programmers award, and I would hope that even you can look past the station and jazz community politics and give Buckley his over-due honors.  This board is well aware of what is happening at WBEZ, and to me it would NOT be a slap in the face to award Dick Buckley regardless of what his employer's plans are.    Following your logic, we should ignore Buckley's half-century dedication to jazz because of who he currently works for?  That does not sound fair to me.  When else am I going to have the chance to speak up for Bux?  No one else will do it.  Who's face would really be getting slapped if he got honored?  This is why I keep quiet - too much politics in music for me.  Vote for Buckley.