[JPL] Kenny Burrell Birthday Special

Lawrence Lebo lawrencelebo at lawrencelebo.com
Tue Aug 1 12:16:05 EDT 2006

   Let me wish a bel   mentor Kenny Burrell. <

   Professor,  If  you   remember, your  "talks"&n   incredible positive na
   I  wish Kenny Burr   to many more o
   Forever his stude
   Lawrence Lebo

   Message: 9
   Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:40:53 -0700
   From: Jim Wilke <[1]jwilke123 at co   Subject: Re: [JPL] Kenny Burrell Birthday Special
   From Yoshi's website ([4]www.yoshis.com):
   Kenny Burrell 75th Birthday Celebration
   Featuring Joey Defrancesco, Hubert Laws & Others
   On July 31st Only: All of the Above Joined By
   The Gerald Wilson Jazz Orchestra
   Thursday, July 27 -
   Monday, July 31
   Thu 8pm & 10pm shows $26
   Fri, Sat & mon 8pm & 10pm shows $30
   Sun $5 kids, $15 adult w/one kid, $26 General
   Sun 8pm show $30
   Buy Tickets Online!
   innovators,  Kenny  Burrell.  He  is among a handful of guitarists who
   have
   forever changed the role of the instrument in jazz. For over fifty
   years, his distinct style, tone, and phrasing have graced recordings
   and performances by almost every major performer in jazz history.
   Combine   a   consummate  sense  of  swing,  an  encyclopedic  musical
   vocabulary
   and always-excellent taste and you have the one-and-only jazz guitar
   artistry of this legendary figure in jazz. He is a master improviser,
   prolific composer and distinguished educator. Kenny Burrell will be
   joined by Joey DeFrancisco, one of the baddest B-3 burners in the
   business, as well as others such as internationally known flutist,
   Hubert Laws and The Gerald Wilson Jazz Orchestra (appearing on July
   31st only).