[JPL] Programming/Musicians

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 22:20:27 EDT 2006

Thanks J. Will do.

Just read part of a Wikipedia biography on Che Guevara before playing
Charlie Haden's "Song For Che." Can't wing it on Che.

And sorry about hijacking the Phat Band Thread: the Eddie Daniels
piece is insane, Sanborn's "Play at Funky Music" works on Friday night
when the other night time jazz station in the region is playing blues.
And I've broken down and played "It Was A Very Good Year."  Supersax
and the L.A. Voices might get preened next. Maybe the heat's getting
to me. For what it's worth several recent releases feed a fun "new
standards" set. (It was late, and we segued "Play that Funky Music"
with Marcus Miller's "Frankenstein." Talk about nostalgia).