[JPL] ECM Delay

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 15:25:22 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/1/2006 8:50:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jassav at comcast.net writes:
<<..

ECM cds  have sent me quickly scanning the board to see what button I didn't
have  pushed.  ECM is the only one that has this delay and  to confuse
things
even more, every so often, a ECM cd will not have the delay.   I'm always
prepared, and will hit the play button early, but you never  know how early.
I too would love to know why they do this.  I am sure  it is intentional.
But why?

..>>

Some of us who remember vinyl still cue-up a CD...in the real sense:
actually hearing the first couple of seconds. It's good practice, anyway,  because of
labeling inconsistencies (sometimes a brief inter-music narrative is
enumerated, sometimes not).

Ed