[JPL] Soccer Bests Jazz

MFA - Jazz Publicity & Radio Promotion mitchellfeldmanassociates at Comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 13:20:30 EDT 2006

 From Oliver Lake's latest newsletter.

Booking 101 Lesson #13 - you NEVER book anything during World Series,
Super Bowl, playoffs in any sport, Yom Kippur and obviously the World
Cup - while one might not expect Oliver to have made the connection
any Italian who offers a gig the night of a w World CUp match in
general let alone one featuring the HOME COUNTRY (!?!?!?!?!) in
particular is definitely not in th eloop.

Begin forwarded message:

> July 4th Soccer wins Oliver Lake Steel Quartet zero, that’s right,
> we were in Rome playing a concert and Italy was playing in the semi
> finals of the world cup, you can imagine how many people attended
> our concert, like I said World cup 10, Oliver Lake Steel Quartet zero
>
> July 7th & 8th Steel Quartet performed in Paris at the Sunset Jazz
> Club, fortunately, there was no soccer game and we had capacity
> audiences both nights. The group sounded great, we added some new
> tunes to our repertoire. Reggie Washington sounded great even
> though he was healing from a broken wrist.

MFA
Publicity, Radio Promotion & Consulting
For The International Jazz Community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
2059 Heckle Street
Augusta, GA 30904 / USA

Cell:        303.641.4783
Email:	MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net